Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did not hunt the morning because my friend Ted, aka Night Nures brought me a bushel of beautiful jumbo oysters. Ate about 3 dozen raw and hunting the afternoon. Gonna grill some and fry some tomorrow. Living off the land and sea!........Gary

Attachments

Registered
My daughter still hasn't gotten her trophy buck yet. For some reason she's a little late to the stand or leaves a little early according to the game cam. It's not that she's not seeing deer when she's in the stand, it's that they aren't what she wants or can't get a clean shot with her bow. She left our house a few hours ago and was heading back to Damascus to prepare for a hunt this afternoon/evening. Last thing she said was "I'm leaving the bow and taking the gun".(y)馃槉

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My daughter still hasn't gotten her trophy buck yet. For some reason she's a little late to the stand or leaves a little early according to the game cam. It's not that she's not seeing deer when she's in the stand, it's that they aren't what she wants or can't get a clean shot with her bow. She left our house a few hours ago and was heading back to Damascus to prepare for a hunt this afternoon/evening. Last thing she said was "I'm leaving the bow and taking the gun".(y)馃槉
I hunted in Damascus for 20 years and now hunting in Mt Airy. Got 2 big does tonight with the shotgun. Got several with my bow earlier. Hope you both did well........ Gary

Attachments

Registered
I hunted in Damascus for 20 years and now hunting in Mt Airy. Got 2 big does tonight with the shotgun. Got several with my bow earlier. Hope you both did well........ Gary
Gary I am up in Damascus nice to see you so close. Let's hook up sometimes and go out on the water man!

Registered
Nice job on the deer. Did they come to the apples? Slow on our place. But gotta love oyster season. Picked up a bushel Wednesday. Already ate over half.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice job on the deer. Did they come to the apples? Slow on our place. But gotta love oyster season. Picked up a bushel Wednesday. Already ate over half.
I never put the apples down. My feeder goes off at 4:00 pm and puts out 2.5 pounds of corn. They didn't come to the feeder either. Had to shoot them on a fast walk......... Gary

Registered
I used to have a feeder, I never had luck with it for white tail but I hear the sika are slaves to it.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I used to have a feeder, I never had luck with it for white tail but I hear the sika are slaves to it.
They are eating the corn but just didn't go to it last night while I was there. It went off at 4:00 and they walked right past it at 5:00....... Gary

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh yes they can. Mine was too

If you got thumbs, you can rob
This is the first time I ever baited deer so I have no experience with a feeder. Time will tell but turkeys don't have thumbs! Lol.......... Gary

Registered
They don鈥檛, but clean up a pile quick. Try throwing a couple bags of unsalted peanuts out and coat the legs of your feeder with peanut oil

Registered
and trust me, a squirrel will hang from two toes to get on top your feeder. I went with Mountrie, because they made everything but the tub out of stainless and they still chewed through the tub.

Registered
This is the first time I ever baited deer so I have no experience with a feeder. Time will tell but turkeys don't have thumbs! Lol.......... Gary
your better off with a corn pile if you don鈥檛 feed on a yearly basis with a feeder i have feeders on my property and keep filled all year.deer are very used to them.have a hind in smoker now delicious.

Registered
Nice job on the deer Gary. Oysters look great. With the gun and fishing rods all standing up in the corner, it must be a tough decision (hunt or fish).

Mike

1 - 20 of 32 Posts