Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend and I left laurel at 5am, quick stop at Wawa and got to the ramp at 6am, there was a backup getting to the ramps, probably took 20-25minutes to launch. It gave us time to pull out the rods and prep the boat so when it was our turn, we could just drop her in and head out.
Since it was flat we made a beeline for TP, got past the last anchored ship and had a large opening in the traffic to deploy the spread. We trolled and trolled west to east, east to west, then decided to head in to the 30' ft range, but marked most in the 50' depth. On our way back out from the "shallows", a clip breaks and nothing, 10 minutes later a middle board line gets hit and has a tough time breaking the clip, then it lets loose. We end up with a fish I thought was going to be in the slot, I measured three times, and it was a fat 35 7/8. 15 minutes later a deep umbrella gets slammed, I had a 2 and 4 oz june bug trailing off the center with 6in white shads. I think this fish was over 40 and it came unbuttoned just before I reached out for the leader.
It was a beautiful day to be on the water, everyone played nice and besides all the jellies that is all we caught.
My daughter wanted to go on Saturday with her boyfriend, but I thought it would be too windy for my small boat, so I went golfing.
Til next weekend, tight lines.
John

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
John,

Its good to hear that you had success at TPL. How muddy was the water? How often did you have to pull the lines to clean the jellies? You'll get a keeper next time!

Don

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We did get a keeper, just shy of the slot by 1/8th of an inch. All the hits came right after I cleaned the lines. I probably should have cleaned them earlier. I only cleaned them once, by the time we headed in, half the lures were jellied up.

·
Registered
14,318 Posts
We did get a keeper, just shy of the slot by 1/8th of an inch. All the hits came right after I cleaned the lines. I probably should have cleaned them earlier. I only cleaned them once, by the time we headed in, half the lures were jellied up.
Hey John, 1/8 is too close for me especially at Sandy Point. I heard they confiscate a ton of fish there Saturday. Glad you got a keeper. Not too many did.........Gary

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Good report, John - - thanks ! At least if the fish aren't biting, we can keep busy cleaning those worthless jellies off the lures :))

Ralph M.
Wish-A-Fish Annapolis
SRRKC

1 - 5 of 5 Posts