Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Let me know if I am correct.

Areas like back bay and currituck sound have alot of blinds, but you can still float blind there right?

I grew up in Mobile Al. Real easy rules. None of these blind stake and floating blind fees.

In va bch no new duck blinds, what is that?

In mobile bay you could build a blind in the water anywhere, but it was your property only on opening day, you wrote your name on a piece of paper in the blind. After that the early bird gets the worm.

As a 16 year old I would paddle out from the causeway in a 12ft aluminum boat throw out 3 dozen decoys and blast away. Simple, all I needed was a ithica 37, shells, decoys, a call and stamps.

I also apprenticed at a world class Taxidermy shop in Spainish Fort. Scotty's Taxidermy.

I am looking to get a few ducks this year to get my skills up to speed again, I only mounted one duck last year and it was pretty shot up.

Eric

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
In currituck sound during the early part of the century the market gunners ruled on the sound. the county set up duck blind license system to keep the hunters from killing each other over ducks. it remains in effect today. the sound was and still is a premier place to hunt and it was set up that guides would control the shooting on the sound. today a lot of the guides are gone but a lot of guides and clubs still functioning today. You cannot hunt from a blind or boat unless it is licensed. You cannot build a new blind. someone has to die or give up a blind inorder to have it up for public auction. You have to have a license to use a float blind and it is the most sought after license. Once you have a blind in your name it is yours and only yours until you die or give it up. We have a lodge and the best guides in the sound.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.