Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got to the marina at Kent Narrows at 5:30 and started loading up the boat. Pulled out around 5:45 for Bloody Point. Got almost to # 1 Eastern Bay and set out the gear on this beautiful morning. 4 Umbrellas on Each Board. Then 4 Tandems off the boat.

image-1150946230.jpg

image-3678241129.jpg

15 mins later 1st fish hits heavier side of 7/3 Tandem - reeled in approx 38-39. Quick Measure on the side of the boat and quick release. In the hurry to release the fish us idiots forgot to take a picture. Thanks to MSSA for the sticker rulers they gave away at Boatyard Captain Party last night, as I mounted on the side for quick measurements.

Since we were a little in front of the mess of boats coming from the Narrows decided to swing around and hit the same spot again as we marked some nice bait / marks.

Swung around same spot and two tandems went off at the same time. Reeled in a 2nd 37-38ish and released fish. Second fish was smaller and we brought on board for second measurement. Fish was 35 1/2 after 5 measurements. Didn't want anything in the slot in my boat. Fish into the box for dinner.

image-2770020677.jpg

Proceeded to Troll for next 3 1/2 hours of nothing happening. Trolled from Bloody to almost #1 West River. turned around on Weatern Shore and marked nice stuff in 40-50 feet. Then we got our final fish. Hit our 3rd umbrella - white with 4oz Chute. Boxed a 34" for our second fish.

Trolled back into Eastern Bay and pulled up the lines. Decided to call it and run it.

Had to clean and reset the lines 4 times due to amount of jellies in the water. Felt like that's all I did all day.

But what a great day on the water.

image-2468558055.jpg

Based on reports from several friends - looks like there was a good bite right at sunup on deep gear. Then very sporadic the rest of the day.

·
Registered
437 Posts
boat out of slip 7:30 Rhode River, first fish 8:05 36 1/2, back over. Next fish 8:30 35 1/2 in the box, one more at shortly after 9, nice 40 1/2. Back in slip boat cleaned, fish cleaned and on the road home prior to noon. What a great beginning for the season, the weather man looked on all of us kindly today, sunny, calm water and fish.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts