Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Went out this morning hoping we could fish for a couple hours. We were wrong. It was so rough and windy. We brought along my GO PRO HD and took some video. Here is a short clip of us slowing down right off thomas point and taking a wave right over the bow. Then turning around and running back in. Notice every wave we hit on the way back in water goes flying out to the side.
Ryan
the first part of the video is right when we slow down that shows just how steep the waves were.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Sometimes I wish I were young again;................then sometimes I'm glad I'm not.

I enjoyed the video, looking forward to more video's on pleasent days. Glad you guys made it back safely.
5th (Marty)

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sometimes I wish I were young again;................then sometimes I'm glad I'm not.

I enjoyed the video, looking forward to more video's on pleasent days. Glad you guys made it back safely.
5th (Marty)
Haha Marty we had to give it a try and see just how bad it really was cause I would have been dyeing sitting at home all day. Yeah hopefully the next video will be of us catching some fish!!

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Well, you now have another story to tell people about opening day for this year. Glad everything worked out coming back safely. I'm sure many TF guys have done something similar at one time or another. If anybody on one of those ships saw you, they probably were shaking their heads and wondering about the crazy guys in the only boat out there. Come on good weather. Thanks for my morning entertainment from TF.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Glad you guys are all safe I have been fishing all morning on this computer and have only seen 1 fish posted so far. We have the hole season ahead of us good luck.

·
Registered
14,317 Posts
You get old too soon and smart too late:wink44: That looked like fun.:yes:.........40 years ago:clapping2::clapping2: Glad you guys had a little fun and made it back safe..........Gary

·
Registered
5,376 Posts
I think we all did crazy things like that when we were younger. Glad you guys made it back OK. Look forward to nicer day videos.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Give me a break!! It was rough, but not dangerous!

As predicted, it was doable this am early, but picking up throughout the day.

[edit: let's see how many times I get nagged for saying it wasn't dangerous!]

·
Registered
643 Posts
thanks much for the video; as close as i'll be able to get today. beats heck out of breathing fire retardant or whatever is on those shingles i'm tearing down today,...

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Ah yes, the TF condescending lectures are still alive and well. It was rough, but not death-defying. We've all gone out on sketchy days.

LILY: I'm surprised at you attitude towrard this guy. Especially since you were the guy that tucked his tail between his legs and had his feelings hurt over reactions to your wx reports.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Give me a break!! It was rough, but not dangerous!

As predicted, it was doable this am early, but picking up throughout the day.

[edit: let's see how many times I get nagged for saying it wasn't dangerous!]
Yeah I agree it was rough but at no time was it "dangerous".

·
Registered
643 Posts
friend that sold me last boat told me key was get the right speed, jump every other wave. sort of just stay on top. and if things go bad, try to get thrown clear.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Man I think most the guys on this board have never seen rough water before LOL looks safe to me. Then again I like to push it to the farthest. not much I wont fish in. LOL Now I have been scared in DL Bay, i'd rather be 60 miles offshore when it kicks up then the DL bay

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Ah yes, the TF condescending lectures are still alive and well. It was rough, but not death-defying. We've all gone out on sketchy days.

LILY: I'm surprised at you attitude towrard this guy. Especially since you were the guy that tucked his tail between his legs and had his feelings hurt over reactions to your wx reports.
if there was a facebook like button on TF i'd hit it!
Remember Nacho, Do as I say! Not as I do!

It wasn't even close to dangerous early. It was surprisingly ok till 9 or so where we were. Then it wasn't much fun!

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
I used to get pop out there in stuff like that...After about 20 minutes of coming off the seat, waves over the bow...he would say...." This looks good....Lets try it here"....

1 - 20 of 38 Posts