Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
No birds in churchville. Had a few flocks, singles and doubles fly over. Couldn't pull anything in. My guess is resident birds knowing exactly where they are going or we just plain suck. Leaning towards, we just plain suck. Evening hunt.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Waxed them! Had a 10 bird limit on the ground at 7:55am. We had 200 Big Feet out though, kind of hard for them to resist a spread like that.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
10 hunters killed 17 geese and 4 mallards in two field spreads with about 2 dozen decoys apiece- Talbot County. They flew pretty good when the rain stopped.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
No water in Cecil at sunup. Went out mid morning by myself and had one group of 20 that couldnt make it in due to the S wind (treeline didnt help). Locked 3 times before aborting. Coulda pass shot at one point but not pressed this early on. Another group of 4 leafing with the wind, circled and then locked but then also aborted, same deal, couldnt get in. I got a N-NW spot and wasnt too surpised...good to get the blood boiling though. Then the weather broke. Lotta youth hunt shooting at around noon when it got sunny.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Had an OK morning at McKee on Sat. Surprise surprise! Alone in a big soybean field. Had three flights go over, first one real high, second a bit too far to the west and on a mission, one slightly to the east of me that looked my way but saw a sore thumb in the middle of the field...my ground blind, i suspect. didn't do a good enough job camoing it up and took a picture of my setup before I broke it down and thought to myself "those geese must have been laughing their asses off looking down at this bozo..." Don't blame them but man, what a great morning to be out on Sat. Talked to some duck hunters who were near me and they reported few flights in the beaver pond with no ducks in the truck.

Lesson learned and only makes me want to crack at it some more...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts