Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are trying to plan a week long fishing trip that would primarily be Wachapreague (maybe Quinby) and were interested in also getting a TASTE of the lower eastern Chesapeake Bay Flounder fishing. We have never fished this area and it always sounded better than Wachapreague as far as size of the fluke. I figure there are a couple of issues that may be against us. 1) we only have a 16.5' Whaler 2) that time of year maybe pushing it 3) I am not seeing any boat ramps over that way near 36A and the Cell (I guess those are the places we want to be ...right?). Also how much lead do you need down there in the bay vs. Wachapreague (1.5 - 4 oz.) ?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Wachapreague

there are several ramps on the bayside that you can fish from , morleys wharf , harborton ramp , onancock , schooner bay to name a few . fishing in may is great for croakers , stripers , trout & black / red drum .

when in wachapreague use the town ramp it has plenty of parking ramp fee is 5.00 day or a sticker for $25 for season .

if you need a HO with local experiance let me know , I am always ready to go fishing .

1 - 2 of 2 Posts