Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In reference to the thread "Land Lease $ " I would like to see how many of you think that having a landowner as president of the hunt club is a conflict of interest. This has never been a objection before but since the president who was self appointed is now primary land owner has caused some...may I say....confusion among members.

Would you recommend that all members elect someone willing to take the responsiblity off current president?

How do your clubs come up with the administration, and where do you get your rules.

And do any of you have a club president that has a direct interest in ownership of the land you lease, and if so, why is he your president and one last thing does it work?

·
Registered
440 Posts
Having a board of members, say 3 will usually help to ward off alot of conflict. Make sure all rules are voted on by the club as a whole. Not just by the three board members. Organization and structure are the most important things just like with alot of things. Without the two, eventually any club will fail. Irregardless if you feel like a/the landowner should be president or not, they are gonna have a huge affect on what goes on on their land, which in turn is hunted by the club. I would definitely think it would be in everyones best interest if the landowner remained one of the 3 board members or president, whichever everyone felt was the best. Good luck. It's tough, but it definitely adds something extra to hunting season if you can get things right!!!

·
Registered
838 Posts
Buc, I know where you're coming from. The club I'm currently in has some of the same problems this year. Our self appointed leader is not a landowner, but has aquired most the the land we hunt through knowing the land owners. We don't pay anything for these properties expect for one. The problem is, if there is any type of disagreement with our "Leader" he always brings up the fact that if it wasn't for him we wouldn't have these farms and threatens to not allow us to hunt them. Therefore it's his way or the highway.

·
Registered
770 Posts
That's right.My way or the highway.And yes I spent all that money just to hunt.Isabell cost me alot.But I'll always have somewhere to hunt,not like some people I know.

Better check out that public land.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Isabell, cost everyone and between what we paid and the insurance money. you came out better than some. But what the heck does that got to do with anything? And yes RUBLEML you hit it on the head. It is a shame that people who have everything feel that way

·
Registered
99 Posts
Being the president is a pain in the arse! Being the majority land owner can be expensive. Being the primary dog owner can be both.

After the season nominate a president, a secretary, a treasurer,huntmaster, and a board of directors. Decide what the cost are, decide what can be made on fund raising, and set the price of the dues.

Hunting is supposed to be fun, and if it's not quit yer *****ing and go fishing! Seriously this happens in every club I have been in, the only way to prevent in-fighting is to sit down and hash out what problems the club has as a whole.

If every land owner whose land we hunted wanted rent money none of us could afford the dues. We have to decide what land is the most valuable to the club and rent it. Raise the dues, take in more members, cook a stew, do a BBQ, hold a field trial, but rent the land now, before someone rents it out from under you!

The club that I'm in "DUM ASS HUNT CLUB" doesn't have these problems, but if it ever came down to us having to rent the land we hunt, I guess we might have to charge dues. The name say's it all It's just a dumb ass hunt club, somewhere to hang out for 8 weeks in the winter and hunt. Thank god it doesn't last longer than that.

BILL[excited][excited]

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you all for your replies I can only hope that my conterpart will read them....but as for me I will no longer comment on this subject...It has been stated via bmail that I am an A$$HOLE for giving my opinion and have put my membership status in the club in question in jeapordy and face BLACK BALL'N.

As far as my comments that may have been in correct or misunderstood I have apologized several time to my counterpart....I have not called names nor have I made threats...

But to anyone looking for a hunt club to join I know where there may be some opening coming up...

With that being said....Good Night and GOD BLESS AMERICA !!

·
Registered
770 Posts
Not for giving your opion but saying you don't care about the land.Comments like "I don't care if you loose every tree to ashes or what ever really pissed me off.
You should care more for the land than just hunting.
End of subject for me also.
I'm going hunting tomorrow and I'm going to have fun.[excited]

·
Registered
678 Posts
wow, was that uncomfprtable for anyone else? :) It's good to see they seem to have it worked out without having to spend time in time out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts