Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
headed down on friday for the day and wanted some advice. i usually wade under the bridge north side but wanted to venture out a little. any advice on where to try and find some trout, flounder or reds?? thanks in advance!!

DM

·
Registered
149 Posts
Drive across the OI bridge and park at the old Coast Guard station. Carry your boat across Rt 12 and put in on the sound side. There is an old road bed there. You can catch flounder on an outgoing tide against the shell islands straight across the slough. Or, paddle up the slough and fish the edges of the marsh on the Hatteras Island side for trout. Or, continue down Rt. 12 for several miles until you come to the canoe launch area by the old tressel. Put in there and paddle out into the sound and start hunting for trout, flounder, whatever. Or, pull into the Bodie Island Lighthouse parking area. Park there and carry your boat down the trail at the end of the parking lot and fish the slough back there. That ought to keep you busy :eek:) Good luck.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Or if you want to fish the beach at location #2, the old tressel, park there and go to the ocean. There is a dune walk through right there and a HUGH slough/hole on the beach right in front of you as you cross the dunes.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I too will be headed down on Friday with my kayak. I plan to do work on our beach house in Nags Head, however will get away in the early AM and late PM on Saturday and Sunday to fish the OI area. I am hoping to try my luck at a nice cobia just outside the inlet.

I'll have a VHF radio and will monitor CH68. I can be hailed as Pelagic Act.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts