Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the wind will not stop blowing, the only fishing I have been doing is in the sound and around Oregon Inlet. The good news is, the fish are biting. Yesterday, we had a variety of fish. Bluefish, Spot, Croaker, Trout, Black Drum, and what we went after, Striped Bass, AKA Rockfish. The sound season opened October 1 and you can keep two fish a day per person over 18”. Yesterday and today, we had no problem in catching our limit. Most of the fish were 10-15lbs. and seemed to be plenty hungry. The Spot we have caught have been huge. They are the yellow-belly ones that get over a pound. The puppy drum have been scarce. The windy conditions have made it hard to find them on the grass flats. The water temperature has dropped down to 74 and with the cold fronts moving thru, the fall, fishing is only going to get better. The King Mack’s are offshore, but until the ocean clams down, I cannot get to them.
Tight lines, Capt. Ray

·
Premium Member
7,830 Posts
Capt. Ray, we were down your way last week and we did get into some nice trout on Wednesday over at Green Island and I did catch a nice striper at the birdge and 1 25" cobia. It figues that the season comes in the day we leave, so the best of luck to all on the striper season.

·
Registered
915 Posts
thanks for the report capt. as you said though with this wind we will all have to pick our spots to fish until at least sunday. mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts