Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering how many folks from PA hang in here, and fish the lower bay? Thought of maybe a few of us getting to know each other, share ideas and experiences.
I'm in Lancaster Co. between Lancaster and Elizabethtown.
TD

·
Premium Member
600 Posts
Hi Just moved to The Eastern Shore in April from lancaster PA. I live near Onancock VA, Been fishing hear for about 8 years. love it so much that my wife and I said lets move. She loves fisihg as much as I do. We have 22' CC Mako & a 16' skiff. Just got my biggest striper to date last week. 41lb eeling at the highrise. If you want to talk my # is 757-709-0502
Livin in paradise.

Sam

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dang, that was quick Sam!
I was a very happy Mako owner too when I lived on Galveston Bay, great boats (especially the older ones).
Let's let this thread run a bit and see what we come up with. I go thru your area on my trips to the beach a couple times a year for our Sylvan Beach Fishing Club get togethers.
TD
Yep, I love tossing topwaters, but am not above any tactic that motivates a fishes appetitie!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Im right over here

TD, IM RIGHT HERE IN MANHEIM. JUST GOT A 19' CC THIS SUMMER. IVE BIN AS FAR SOUTH AS CRISFIELD WITH IT. ONLY GOT 1 STRIPPER SO FAR THO. I CANT WAIT TILL SPRING SO I CAN HIT THE FLATS. YOUR SO CLOSE WE NEED TO HOOK UP AND DO SOME FISHING. DO YOU HAVE A RIVER BOAT? I PLAN ON TOWING MY BOAT SOUTH AT LEAST ONCE A MONTH WILL BE MORE LIKE TWICE A MONTH. WE ALL NEED TO GET TOGETHER SOME TIME.TD DO YOU BELONG TO THE MSSA? WANT TO JOIN/LET ME KNOW WE CAN CAR POOL TO THE MEETINGS OVER IN YORK. FEEL FREE TO CALL IN THE EVENINGS JOHN 664 0956:fishing2:

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
John,
I'm in Mount Joy, my office is on Manheim Pike behind Conestoga Marine. I don't have a river boat, I'm pretty much a saltwater guy.
I'm heading to Manheim in 5 min. for a lunch appt. with the folks that make compressors, I'm sure you know them.
We will have to get together and swap ideas, it would be nice to find someone to do a little fishing with. Our club at VA Bch can only get together a few times a year due to geographical limitations (we live all over the place!).

Let's see if this thread picks up some speed!
Mike Hammer is pretty close too.
TD

·
Registered
453 Posts
I'm in Quarryville, S. Lancaster County. I run down a few times a year if I can. Fish the flats and do alot of Hoing in the middle bay area. I have a Grady 180. Just got back from the CBBT on a scheduled 3 day trip that turned into 1 day due to rolling 5' waves. I used to live down there for a few years in the Navy.

I work shiftwork and look to go out as much as I can. Boat is local and I trailer wherever. Let's fish!

·
Registered
599 Posts
I'm West Chester, PA and fish from North East, MD to the CBBT. Frequent ports in between are Rock Hall, Matapeake, and Dames Quarter/Deal Island. My parents are finishing up a house in Parksley, VA and I am chomping at the bit!

·
Registered
526 Posts
im from lancaster to. used to work at lancaster mallable castings before joining the marine corps, also worked at hayden zugs, the symposium in centerville and the stockyards as a chef(graduated from the culinary school in mount joy vo tech). played football for penn manor and lacrosse. live in yorktown va havent been back up there in a long time.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I live south of Lancaster near the buck,i get to the cbbt several times a month if the weather is right.i'm leaving tomorrow for a week and hopeing for some light winds .My goal this week is a fifty pound release,quick picture and back in to fight another day.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I live in Fleetwood/kutztown area fish the flats, e.bay ,susky,and raritan bay.Would like to fish the cbbt week of 12/15 if I can get someone to go. I hope we can fish together sometime! Call me 610-301-8197

·
Registered
73 Posts
Pa. Fisherman

Live here on S. Colebrook Rd. 57yrs old and boating since I was 7. I keep my boat in the Hi and dry at Lynnhaven Marine. Will fish right in to Feb if the weather permits. My sister-in-law lives in V.B. We used to own a condo on the upper bay but was spending all of my time fishing V.B. Sold the condo and moved the boat to Lynnhaven Marine year round. Plan on leaving this coming Wed. to fish Thurs. and Fri. I am very fortunate that I can fish Thurs. and Fri. and not have to be there on weekends. I will fish a weekend if it is the only alternative. I do not have the name on my boat but plan on doing so in the spring. Dog House is the name. It is a 25ft Parker pilot house. I usually monitor channel 68 if anyone wants to call. I would be happy to let anyone going down know how I did fishing. If you want to e-mail me that would be fine. I would also have no problem giving my phone number. e-mail [email protected] Yes I have owned quite a few Grady-Whites. The pilot house sure is nice in the winter though!!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thought I'd throw this out to you guys.

My email address is: bsonfishin(at)comcast(dot)net

If you drop me an email (Put Tidal Fish in the subject line), I'll start a group so we can swap plans/ideas/results/oictures/disappointments.

We'll probably get a few more hits over the weekend.
TD

·
Registered
120 Posts
Grew up in Chester. Fished mostly out of Barneget Inlet NJ, and freshwater in Delaware/Chester Counties as a kid. Spent 23 years in the Marine Corps going all over the planet. Finally settled in King George. Fish the Potomac, Rappahanock, and the middle/lower Chesapeake Bay. Fishing this area since 1997. Prefer to fly fish and jig/cast when the fish are too deep or the wind to high. Trailer my Parker 23 SE to where ever there's fish.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Les,
I've never fished the flats but really want to learn about that area and tactics. I have the gear for it I'm pretty sure.
TD

·
Registered
252 Posts
Ill BTT with saying I am from South Central PA Breezewood/ Bedford area but have lived in Chesapeke for quite some time. I have just returned las week from spending time up there deer hunting. Man are the deer getting scarce up there. You norhtern boys can fish with me anytime we should trade cell numbers and network together while out on the water. Jst a thought. You can never have to much help. Good luck

1 - 20 of 41 Posts