Tidal Fish Forum banner

41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Ammunition is the same deal as toilet paper. When there is a report of a shortage, people panic and start hording........ Gary
Very true, but also, people are expecting a rather large increase in the price of ammo and/or limits on how much they can buy and want to load up before it happens, which causes a shorter supply and higher cost. Kind of defeats the purpose. The big winners are the ammo and gun manufacturers. If gas didn't have a shelf life, I'd be stockpiling that but that's harder to store. :yes:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hording ammo is as irrational as wearing a pelt and horns on your head and believing in fairy tales, but the more crazy white guys act the quicker we can move on. MAGA indeed.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hording ammo is as irrational as wearing a pelt and horns on your head and believing in fairy tales, but the more crazy white guys act the quicker we can move on. MAGA indeed.
Damn crackers, they're all crazy. Thank you Oracle, I will now stop wearing a pelt and horns and believing in fairy tales. Even this one.

Turn In your Guns.jpeg

Please feel free to contribute something useful.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Ammo shortage

There is a a video from the CEO of the company that owns Federal, CCI, Nosler, and now Remington. He says that they produced and shipped more ammo in 2020 than any previous year. In 2017 and 2018 and 2019 there was a glut of ammo and there were layoffs. It takes a while to increase production capacity but the producers got caught after increasing production after the last ammo shortage and don't want to get caught again. The producers are also having some difficulty getting raw materials but are running at full capacity.
As previously mentioned in another post, having Remington go offline for a few months restricted the supply from one of three or four major producers.
It might be a while before the shortage is over. Unfortunately for me I sold about 50-100 cases of target shotgun ammo at bargain prices when the house was downsized 3 years ago and I can't replace them any time soon even at triple what I sold them for.
I'll get a link to the video if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
There is a a video from the CEO of the company that owns Federal, CCI, Nosler, and now Remington. He says that they produced and shipped more ammo in 2020 than any previous year. In 2017 and 2018 and 2019 there was a glut of ammo and there were layoffs. It takes a while to increase production capacity but the producers got caught after increasing production after the last ammo shortage and don't want to get caught again. The producers are also having some difficulty getting raw materials but are running at full capacity.
As previously mentioned in another post, having Remington go offline for a few months restricted the supply from one of three or four major producers.
It might be a while before the shortage is over. Unfortunately for me I sold about 50-100 cases of target shotgun ammo at bargain prices when the house was downsized 3 years ago and I can't replace them any time soon even at triple what I sold them for.
I'll get a link to the video if anyone is interested.
Yes, I would like to see it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
got off work early yesterday , rode down to basspro . got there at 8:45 , was number 49 in line , ( yes they give you a number to stop people from cutting in line ) doors opened at 9:00 everyone wondered down by the rock climbing wall , there was one large four shelf cart with ammo on it . five box limit , 9mm ball range ammo was 15.99 for 20 . forgot to add , no reloading supplies , 0 . no powder , no primers , no bullets .

·
Registered
361 Posts
my son went to a gun show last weekend, Gettysburg area. 500 people going table to table looking for small rifle and pistol primers. Zero to be had.

·
Registered
13,901 Posts
Angler's was selling a box (20) of 5.56 55gr fmj for $14.99. Not a great price but not hateful. limit of 2 boxes...... Gary

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
The Remington video is BS. If you watch it., please notice ALL the Pallets of ammo in the background. If they are making so much, Then where the hell is it all going. Now that Biden/ Harris has taken over, you can expect things to get even worse. There was a rumor, I will call it that since I can't confirm it, That Government groups like HEW of all places ahd ordered 45 million rounds of 9mm and 45cal. Also Homeland security had ordered millions of 308 and 556.

·
Registered
13,901 Posts
The Remington video is BS. If you watch it., please notice ALL the Pallets of ammo in the background. If they are making so much, Then where the hell is it all going. Now that Biden/ Harris has taken over, you can expect things to get even worse. There was a rumor, I will call it that since I can't confirm it, That Government groups like HEW of all places ahd ordered 45 million rounds of 9mm and 45cal. Also Homeland security had ordered millions of 308 and 556.
Social security administration bouvht 174,000 rounds of ammo, 9mm and 45 cal. Something is going on...... Gary

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Looks like the Social Security ad. wants to get rid of us old geezers.

·
Registered
13,901 Posts
Looks like the Social Security ad. wants to get rid of us old geezers.
There is no doubt about that. They say we are sucking money out of the system. We have paid our dues, no longer working so they consider us waste......... Gary

41 - 60 of 68 Posts