Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
3 of us had rooms at Days Inn on 11th street on Jan2 thru Jan4. Got up moring of Jan 3 feeling raspy throat and headache. By the time my 1 friend and myself left in the evening of 1/3, we were both sick. When the other guys left on the 4th, they were sick also. Jusy wondering if anyone esle got sick after staying there. Don't get me wrong, I love the cheap winter rates. Problem is I ended up with pneumonia and my friends ended up with bad sinus infections. I just like to know before I complain to Days Inn about this.

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
That "stuff" is in Richmond too. It ran through my house like a freight train about a month ago. My wife was sick for 4 weeks straight...it does NOT go away easily so batten down the hatches.

Glenn

·
Registered
638 Posts
I'm glad I wasn't the only one. I usually get sick once every 2 or 3 years. This year I got slammed hard! Took 3 weeks for me to return to "normal".

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
I agree that the "crud" is just going around this season. However, I stay at the Days Inn quite frequently and after a 2 night stay in December the "bed bugs" had eaten me up. I had bites on my back and my sides that stayed with me for almost 2 weeks...Just FYI...

·
Registered
204 Posts
The Fleabag Inn isn't the best, thats for sure, but at $34.95 its hard to beat. I'll be down there 1/20, so hopefully the "crud" is gone by then. Only problem I've had with Days Inn is little to no hot water in the shower.

·
Registered
658 Posts
that place has had a lot of water leaks over the years causing mold etc, my mom had to quit her job in the store there cause she couldnt shake the bronchitis,pneumonia etc, during the hurricane the stucco came off 1/2 the place only because of the water intrusion over the years loosening it

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the replies. I guess I need to add a good dose of JACK DANIELS to the other meds I'm taking.
Andy --- Wasn't trying to blame the hotel -- This crazy weather has affected MANY people.
Rebel --- Had 3-4 "bed Bug" bites also as did the other guys. Guess I'll take the Lysol next time and hit everything before I climb in the bed.
We stayed there last year about the same time and didn't have any problems.

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I rock!
3,293 Posts
The Fleabag Inn isn't the best, thats for sure, but at $34.95 its hard to beat. I'll be down there 1/20, so hopefully the "crud" is gone by then. Only problem I've had with Days Inn is little to no hot water in the shower.
Wow ...... $34.95/night and all the bugs can eat .......... such a deal !!:D :D

·
Registered
397 Posts
I've been fighting a cold (?) for 3 week now. It seems to be rampant up here in Northern Va. also. Maybe a shot of salt air would be a good thing !!!!!;)

Mark
1999 230 Sportcraft C/C

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Try teaching 80 middle schoolers a day... Man I second the drinking part...Jack kills all worries. Kids have been dropping like flies with sinus infections.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you ever have a problem just go to the front desk and let them know. If they don't know of the problems how can they correct them. There are several captains that stay at the hotel that suggest their guys to stay at the hotel. None of the captains have ever had any problems. If everyone gets up at 5am and uses the hot water just like at home it takes time to rebuild the hot water. We enjoy having the fisherman come every winter; we have been doing the Lower Rate for the fisherman for 7 years and will not stop doing it. We also have the breakfast room up earlier just for the fisherman which we do not do in the summer time for the travelers paying $100 more per night. Please come to the front desk and let us know if there is ever a problem so that we can resolve it at the time.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I can tell you you won't get a cold from bed bugs! Now after watching 20/20 they state that the dirtiest part of motel rooms are the TV remotes! They suggest that you take a baggie and put it in and use it that way! (You could get sick from the germs on a remote!)
As for bed bugs, we just got back from Costa Rica and I also was freaked out by the possibilities of bed bugs.
20/20 suggested that you leave your luggage or what ever by the door and the first thing you do is to go pull the sheets back till you get to the mattress, off the bottom and around the bed. Look in the areas of the cording around the mattress. and in the tufts of the mattress. Also look at the trim behind the bed. If you don't see black dots you should be ok.. Believe it or not they are pretty big.. If you find any, get your stuff out of the room asap.. and go to the front desk! They state that they jump and will get in your luggage or bags..
Just food for thought!
We also got the respitory crud returning back from Costa Rica.. Still fighting it after 2 weeks. I hear its everywhere!
I hope you all feel better.
Oh by the way, we never found any bed bugs in Costa Rica.. VERY CLEAN! Just plenty of beautiful weather a new place to dream about going again!
Robin

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Blackwater1 --- Thanks for your post. With the exception of the three small bites on my back, I don't think it was the room that made us sick. There are SO many people sick this winter that it's incredible. Thanks for the "Fisherman's Rate" that you've kept in place for the last seven years -- IT REALLY helps especially when I have to drive 240 mile 1-way just to catch and keep a few fish. I really enjoy the breakfast area that you have for us also. You obviously have something to do with the management of the hotel and I appreciate you coming on the board and making your post. I'll come see you if I have any future problems. This situation may just have been one of chance timing.

·
Tidal Fish SUPER Commercial Subscriber
10,897 Posts
Priceless

New Grady White w/ 3 outboards to go fun fishin' = $300,000.00
F350 and trailer to pull Grady = $75,000.00
Byatchin' about a $34.00 room = PRICELESS

Try the Colonial - it's $5.00 more per night - for no bedbugs, no crud, and it's Oceanfront

Capt. Jim Brincefield
www.captjim.com

1 - 20 of 21 Posts