Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have a BS Board password, so until this gets moved (and I get a p-word), I'll breach protocol and ask it here: are any of you members of Big Vanilla gym in Severna Park, MD and, if so, what do you think of it? Does it get crowded (if so, when)? Does the pool get crowded? How’s the staff? My wife wants to switch our membership to there, so I figured that I'd check it out by asking a bunch of trustworthy, anonymous folks online. Feel free to b-mail me. Thanks.

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber
2,741 Posts
I don,t belong to it but I did the construction on the addition. Its basically crowded all day long, but theres plenty of room. Its a nice place, if I lived around there, I would join it

·
Registered
255 Posts
I used to belong to it's sister club National fitness in Sun Valley before it got sold several times. I was able to go to Big Vanilla on the same membership and was not impressed at least not with the weight room. Then again that was close to 10 years ago and hopefully they've upgraded since then. If not, then I wouldn't waist your time or money.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I've been a member for about a year and a half. The gym is not crowded at all during the day, but if you have a favorite piece of cardio equipment, it can be a bit too busy at around 4-5:00 or so - still plenty of weight machines at any time. I don't go in the evening so I can't comment. Mornings are fine, too. I've been in the pool a few times, but they keep tinkering with the hours and have recently started letting local schools bring their swim teams in after school so the pool is closed to members at those times. I think they're still feeling their way thru the pool management thing. All in all, I really love Big V. I was a member of Bally's before - and this is WAAAAY nicer. They recently expanded their weight "room" and have loads of equipment, added an "Express Circuit" facility, and have virtually every type of cardio equipment you would want. All kinds of classes - can't say enough good stuff about it. The rock wall is harder than it looks!

- Lana

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I rock!
279 Posts
When they moved the wieght room out on half of the tennis court it really opened the place up. It has turned into a nice complex in the last 5 years. My wife worked there for a few years and now she hates the place. But thats business I suppose.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts