Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never actually been to the Annapolis lighted boat parade because I dreaded the crowds and figured we wouldn't actually get to see the boats. This year, we have company and I am thinking it might merit at least an attempt. Anybody know how early I'd have to arrive at Chart House or Pusser's to secure a good vantage point for the parade? Am I correct that the Chart House bar has a great view of the festivities? If chart house doesnt open until 5:00, would I have to stand in line before they open? Am I nuts? What could we see from the Naval Academy grounds? Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
444 Posts
Your best bet is to go over to Eastport and valet park your car at Ruth's Chris. Have some dinner at the bar around 4:30 or so and then walk straight down the street to the water. The other idea is to go to Carrols Creek and park in their lot if you can and do the same thing. Traffic and the crowds start around 3:00 p.m.

·
Registered
4,284 Posts
Last year I watched part of the parade from the head end of Ego Alley. The crowds were about 3 deep, but with my height it wasn't a problem. Later I walked into the Naval Academy (easy access on foot with a photo ID) and went to the nearest corner of the seawall. That was a good vantage point too.

I will miss the parade this year since I will be in southern Argentina that day.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. I'm too short to see over very many people, so we'll need a better plan. I note that Chart House and Carrol's Creek have no reservations available for that evening. We have military stickers on our cars, so maybe we'll plan to drive into the Naval Academy and watch from the sea wall in the comfort of our big American Made SUV. Maybe a tailgate party is in order!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts