Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
We had our class reunion back in September with an open bar from 8 pm till midnight. The cost was $35 per person and while some complained, most thought they got a good deal.

It’s been a while since I had a $35 tab at the end of a night:D

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
The rate for an open bar really depends a lot on the contents of the bar- "top shelf" vs. "rot gut", or somewhere in between. You almost can't win, if you charge people for topshelf and some people don't drink or don't drink much, then they're unhappy. If you charge a lot less for rotgut, there are some people that won't touch it, so they're unhappy.

I think that why a lot of places have open beer and wine, with a cash bar for mixed drinks.
I'd personally prefer a cash bar and pay for a couple top shelf drinks than a free open bar with nothing but junk. I'd rather pay that night instead of paying the next day.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The rate for an open bar really depends a lot on the contents of the bar- "top shelf" vs. "rot gut", or somewhere in between. You almost can't win, if you charge people for topshelf and they don't drink or don't drink much, then they're unhappy. If you charge a lot less for rotgut, there are some people that won't touch it, so they're unhappy.

I think that why a lot of places have open beer and wine, with a cash bar for mixed drinks.
I'd personally prefer a cash bar and pay for a couple top shelf drinks than a free open bar with nothing but junk. I'd rather pay that night instead of paying hte next day.
What if it had both for that 10 bucks would that work?

Capt Mike

·
Registered
192 Posts
What Mike is talking about is a proposal for the CCA-S.Md. banquet at St. Chas. Sportsmen's Club's Middleton Hall on the 24th of Feb. Open bar for the 1st hour(6 - 7pm) then cash bar (except if you buy his bottomless cup, then you can drink until 9:30 - 10 for 10 bucks)

·
Registered
842 Posts
We went to one fundraiser event $5.00 bought you a plastic cup (souvenir) and all the beer or soda you wanted. Now saying that and seeing how much some of these knobs can drink, at $50 you may break even!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts