Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A huge pat on the back to FDNY, NYPD, and all other public and private responders who made the absolute best of a potential calamity.:yes: Awsome job by the pilot as well. :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
26,256 Posts
Unreal EVERYONE got out of that alive :clapping2::clapping2::clapping2:. Shaken up , cold but no one was seriously hurt :yes:.

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Great job by the pilot to glide that thing in flat the report it stayed floating for 50 min and help arrived in the first few minutes

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
The pilot performed an amazing life saving landing & first responders wasted no time getting everyone out of the aircraft....great work:clap::clap::clapping2::clap:

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Wow...took off from LaGuardia, lost power in the climb, but managed to pop over Manahatten, turn to go along the river, and put it down gently on the water! I bet he didn't have more than 2 or 3 minutes from "oh sh***" to splash down.
What a pro! Unbelievable.

·
Registered
14,335 Posts
Great job by the pilot. If one wing dug into the water it would have been a disaster. You don't get much practice landing an air bus in the water either. Sorry to see something like that happen but what a happy ending:thumbup:..........Gary

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
Outstanding outcome and rescue operation!

"Poor birds"--they are getting to pests like deer! I have not heard what species, but I bet was a flock of large waterfowl--ducks or geese, something like that. The cold spell has pushed a lot of birds south to find open water, I have seen large numbers of waterfowl recently, more ducks than I have seen in years.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Outstanding outcome and rescue operation!

"Poor birds"--they are getting to pests like deer! I have not heard what species, but I bet was a flock of large waterfowl--ducks or geese, something like that. The cold spell has pushed a lot of birds south to find open water, I have seen large numbers of waterfowl recently, more ducks than I have seen in years.
Correct, reported to be a flock of geese. Pilot reportedly was a former F4 pilot and had over 19,000 hours flight time. What a pro :yes: Every passenger on that plane owes him their heart felt thanks. Response time for rescurers was unbelievable on the scene in minutes. Some of the passengers came off in only shirts and ties and didn't look to be even wet. Everything came together to prevent a horrible tragedy. Outanding job to all involved.

·
Registered
6,708 Posts
The cabin crew also did an outstanding job of getting everybody out :clap::clapping2::clap::clapping2:
and here I thought they just served drinks and fetched pillows. :thumbup:

·
Registered
466 Posts
Don't forget the NY ferries. Apparently they were the firstest and the mostest. I saw a photo and there had to be 5 or 6 of them surrounding the plane. Good job, guys.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I Support Tidal Fish
4,199 Posts
Had there been any chop on the river it would have been a whole differnt story.Good on the Capt.for keeping his cool.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts