Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If any of you live in Carroll County or know someone driving in Carrol County right now please be advised most roads are frozen and totally impassable. Don't leave your house unless you are sure your route is clear. Routs 27. 140 and 30 are basically closed right now. I just talked to my father and he's been stuck on route 27 near Westminster for 3 hours i his 4x4 Silverado.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Montgomery county ain't much better. Just took me 2 hours and 30 minutes to get from Aspen Hill to Germantown...15 miles!!! Every bridge was frozen with plenty of accidents on them. Weird thing was I saw at least 6 cars where a wheel had fallen off! It did not look as if they had hit anything to knock the wheel off.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Lite dusting here on The Shore next to the Corsica enough to pretty things up but no ice (yet) thank God. Lets be careful out there:yes:

·
Registered
14,402 Posts
I was hunting in Boyds tonight near White Ground and Schaffer Rds and going home to Mt. Airy. Germantown wasn't bad but Rt 27 from Damascus on was real BAD. Solid ice and NO traction at all.

·
Registered
7,988 Posts
I was deer hunting here in PA and about the same. Roads were ice. I used four wheel drive and went slow. Others didn't and wrecked. It amazes me that people have not clue about road conditions when you can see what's going on. Be safe.

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
We just got home to Jefferson, south of Frederick, from DC. Heading home on 270 N we saw lots of accidents, then at the 270/70 interchange the ramp to 15/340 south was closed, we went 70 w which soon came to a standstill, we were lucky to get off on 40, took that to Middletown and then back roads home. An extraordinary portion of the wrecks we saw were sport utility vehicles, they were wrecked into the ditches and guardrails all over the place! Looks like winter weather is here to stay for a while...

·
Registered
783 Posts
Last night my wife got stuck on 482 between Hampstead and Westminster. Had to go bail her out. What a journey. When I got back to Mt Airy around 10:30 pm, I noticed I70 west was pretty much shut down

1 - 10 of 10 Posts