Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have one of those deck mats that absorb the a$$ whuppin' pounding from a long of day fishing? If you do, do they work and do they hold up?

Thanks!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Don, my brother in fla. bought one and loves it,i'm definitly thinking of one my self as my back just cant take the butt whipping and living in v.b. the city keeps taking a larger boat payment each year in assesment taxes.:eek2: when i fished with him last spring he kept pushing me off it and hogging it all to himself,so i never got a chance to get my own opinion.older bros can be a pain in the arse:D .. if you get one let me know how you like it.
later bud.Claude.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Don, I use those foam pool floats that are about 1.5" thick. I replace mine every year and cut up the old ones and use them on the boat. Alot cheaper too. They work fine.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Hey Don, I have a Footcush brand pad that snaps to the floor, i like it, got it at bass pro for 70 bucks, they have two sizes, google it to learn more. Bet your back misses your old boat:yes: :))

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Don:

I tried a couple of different brands and found that the Footcush was the only one that worked well for me. I need to take good care of my back and legs so I can still go fishing when I get to be as old as you:D

·
Registered
1,265 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts

My back is a wreck and I have to wear a running type shoe on the boat to help with fatigue. I bought a inexpensive double pack ant-fatigue mat at sams club and I use on the bridge most every trip. I'm sure these expensive ones are most likely better and probably worth the money.At the end of the day if you suffer from back problems its money well spent. Jerry.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I will second the Footcush. Two rods in my back, plate, screws, 6 bolts and a bone graft, so I have to take care of mine also.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I picked up an inexpensive pack of anti-fatigue mats from Harbor Freight for <$10 and cut two to fit around the helm area. They make a huge difference at the end of the day. They don't scuff the deck either like some mats do. The pack came with enough extra to pad my garage floor around the work bench. They help the back when rigging tackle or working on a project at home.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the info fellas! Looks like I'm not the only cripple on the board.:clapping2: Looks like BPS carries the Footcush. Maybe I'll drive up there to look at it, as I like to "play" with things before I buy.

Yeah CC, the little Parker doesn't ride like the Edgewater did. But I had Looooong days on her that would kill me. Stuff like a run to the South Tower from LC and back. Then a quick nooner, then up to the shoals for some reds.:eek: Those days are gone.......

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Footcush

Don
I dont have the major back problems but have bad feet. The OLD oldschool has a lerge FOOTCUSH on it if you want to come stand on it. I like it . The only disadvantage I found was tripping on it till you got use to it being there.

·
Registered
194 Posts
rubber floor mats

I bought a package of 8, interlocking foam rubber mats at Sams Club... they're 2 feet square and cost about $20.00..... I put them in the boat (covered the entire deck). Seems like they're going provide a lot of relief..... I will test them in less than a month......

Bill A.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I have the footcush from boaters world as well. Works like a champ. I have disc issues in my back which cause sciatic pain and it relieves the effects of bouncing through chop.Haven't tried the seashocks yet but I hear good things about them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts