Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

Reading another thread started by a young man wanting some trailoring advice got me thinking about ramp courtesy and one of my pet peeves and that is folks that leave their headlights on when backing down a ramp after dark.

My Ford F-150 that I use to tow my big boat does not have daylight running lights but the Toyota FJ Cruiser I use for the little boat does. I've yet to figure our how to defeat those things and make them turn off.

I guess I could ask the dealer but its Sunday night and there are folks on here that probably know more about vehicles than anyone at the dealership.

Thanks in advance,
Dan

·
Registered
574 Posts
Old school

PA BRED,

My son's 1998 Chevy K-1500 has DRLs and they can be turned off by engaging the parking brake one single click. It's not enough to actually cause the braking surface to drag, and it does turn on a red brake warning light on the dash, but the lights are out, and that's what you're looking for.

Foy

·
Registered
656 Posts
Whats the issue with lights on at ramps? Never seemed to be anything that bothered me. Particularly compared to all the other things that happen. If the guy stays in line only uses one slot gets the boat out fairly quickly and ties down away from the ramp that's all I expect.

Boats

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Boats --- What he's getting at is that when the ramps are the double-wide type, the headlights ,make it hard to see where your trailer is when backing down the ramp. It's especially bad when guys leave the high beams on.

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
Last night

Funny that I found this post. Last night a friend pulled up at the launch while I was taking the boat out of the water. He called out my name, but I couldn't see who the hell it was because he had his headlights straight in my face. After I found out who it was I told him to turn off his bleeping headlights. When I backup my boat in the driveway I turn off my headlights so I don't shine them through my neighbors windows. Courtesy goes a long way.

Good Fishin

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.