Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to go to Delaware today for work and on the way home got stuck in traffic for close to 4 hours near White Marsh.The trucker that wrecked his rig had to have been killed-no way a person could have lived through the wreckage.I thought how I had been *****ing/complaining about the traffic and realized-he's dead.It was a reality check for me-traffic didn't seem that big a hassle anymore.I get to go home to the family and fish tomorrow-this guy doesn't.

I guess I'm trying to say-don't sweat the small stuff.Enjoy and live everyday you get. Skip

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I support TidalFish.com!
3,659 Posts
Say Hey Guys,

Last couple of yrs going home in accident traffic on i-97, I finally passed the problem. Both times, a spilled motorcycle and a body bag layed in the center medium.
That gets reality to set in. Waiting was just an inconvenience, as you say.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Just saw it on the news... They said that they got the driver out ok but he's at Shock Trauma.

- Dae

·
Premium Member
12,554 Posts
I know after what I went thru I'm happy every day that I'm still above ground.

·
Premium Member
26,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If he lives-he better buy a lottery ticket.Good news he survived-I thought for sure it was a fatal wreck.The 18 wheeler cab was crushed in-roof smashed down.That man is lucky that shock trauma is close by. :)) Skip

·
Registered
626 Posts
You got that right JP. Getting too close to the maker for a few weeks give you a whole new outlook on where we are and what we have. Every day you tie your own shoes is a good day.

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber
250 Posts
Well said Skip!
Any day you wake up and get outta bed is a good day. Just keep it all in perspective!!!!

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool
5,686 Posts
Eminent Brother,
I remember the time when they closed the 7-River Bridge because someone was threating to jump and then didn't. After causing us all to wait in traffic I would have killed him myself, but; there were too many people in front of me thinking the same thing.

·
Registered
7,593 Posts
We got caught in that mess too. Didn't heed the warning signs to get off I95 before the traffic almost came to a dead stop. Made an illegal U turn and moved over to RT40 at exit 80. RT40 became a mess also. A normal hour+ long trip took over 3+ hours.

·
1,295 Posts
There is a story in today's Sunpaper along with a picture. The driver only suffered minor injuries. What a miricle!

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Say Hey Guys,

Last couple of yrs going home in accident traffic on i-97, I finally passed the problem. Both times, a spilled motorcycle and a body bag layed in the center medium.
That gets reality to set in. Waiting was just an inconvenience, as you say.
Ron - I think we were in that traffic too both times ... Within sightline of the helicopter once. And had the same feeling - frustrated at the delay but once we passed the mangled wreck it was kinda like Skip's thought. At least we're going home.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Each day that I can wake up and not read my name in the obituaries , I count my blessings.

No matter how bad you think things are, just look around you to find out that there are others that have less to be thankful for.

Tight lines,

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber
2,741 Posts
I agree that you should enjoy life and never take things to serious. but I disagree that death is a bad thing. dying sucks, but I think people that are dead are the lucky ones, we still have to go through the dying process. The only thing in life thats is 100% certain is death. I never feel bad for a person when they die, I feel bad for their loved ones, I feel bad because I miss them, I feel bad because they may have suffered, but I never feel bad because they are dead. I didn,t even cry when my mother died, I was relieved that she didn,t have to suffer anymore.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts