Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
coming down this weekend from VA with the TOWSBO and kids. Staying in Coinjock, so a run to OI and offshore is out of the question. Would appreciate someone telling me what's running on the sound. I assume Croaker, Reds, flounder are in, but wanted to see if there was any advice particular to what will be foreign landscape for me.

·
Registered
328 Posts
sorry dude didnt see the post .....sound s around coinjock are holding some flounders and some puppys... the big deal right now in coinjock are white perch and bifg fat sassy cats....If your heading to oi there is plenty of action just have to figure otu whats biting today...Probably wind related temp drops and increases ,changes what to fish for.......all of the species you mentioned are there.just change if what your doing is niot working until you find what is....We fished one slough for trout for half a day....nothing....We shifted gears looked for some thing different IE color change or temp change or just the way the wind approaches a certain slough and next thing you know we were scratching out a limit of flounder with a lot of throw backs.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks! with the kids as the focus of the trip, all we need is for something - anything - to bite.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts