Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been anxiously awaiting the arrival of my trailer so I can go up to Jersey to pick up my boat. Given the beautiful weather last week and this weekend it's been even worse. To fill the void, I have been hitting up some local restaurants that I have never been to.

This weekends vicitim was the Boatyard Bar and Grill. I saw the place for the first time in January as my wife and I made our way to Ruth's Chris for our Anniversary. She made a comment about thinking that I was taking here there. I told her to give me a LITTLE bit of credit.:D

Got there about 7:30 and the place was PACKED!!!! It ended up that some GTG of VT alumni or something. My initial impression was how packed it was, and how little room there was for people that did not necessarily want to belly up to the bar while waiting, something about a 4 year old and a 1 year old sitting at the bar that doesn't sit right with me. We did sit down fairly quickly, only about a 20 minute wait or so, drank a Yuenling and yelled over the noise so my wife could hear me.;) Would have been 3 times that at Outback or the like.

Sat down in the dining room, which was very nice. Tables were a little too close together for my taste, but then again I am 6' and 330lb. Our waiter was great, fast efficient and friendly. Appetizer was the Crab Dip, it was phenominal! One of the best I've had. Nice texture, big chuncks of ****, and no one flaver overrode another. I ordered the Pan Seared Rockfish. What can I say, I was jonesing for it. It too was amazing. A nice large portion, along with mashed potatoes, and steamed veggies. It had a sauce on it, but I can't for the life of me remember what it was. My only dissapointment of the night was my wife's food. It was her dissapointment actually, but you know the saying... It was overcooked and dry. Didn't really have the inkling to send it back because she was hungary so she ended up eating it anyway. Overall I give it a 3.5/5. I will definately be back in the future.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Not sure if you know this but they donate 1% of their pre-tax profits to the Chesapeake Bay Foundation. I thought that was pretty cool and definetly enough reason to patronize the place more often (other then the fact I live less then a mile from there).

-Evans

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Great place to eat... I think around april 1st they are going to be done with a "hemingway" themed addition. It will be a place to eat and be surrounded by all things fishing. Dick (owner) is going to have a "flies of the bay" section and much much more. Boatyard bar and grill supports the bay in many ways. It's a place all TF'ers should support.

·
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not sure if you know this but they donate 1% of their pre-tax profits to the Chesapeake Bay Foundation. I thought that was pretty cool and definetly enough reason to patronize the place more often (other then the fact I live less then a mile from there).

-Evans
I did see that on the menu, and I thought it was pretty cool...

·
Premium Member
8,174 Posts
BG: Nice report. May want to edit with spell check..(Crab dip description) :yes:

By the way, whee the heck is this place???

MG

·
Registered
4,023 Posts
Gray Bush

If you want a melt in your mouth fish dish, next time you're there get the broiled tuna!!!!!!!!!!!

Absoulutely MELT IN YOUR MOUTH, cooked medium well, just a little pink left.

Bottom Knocker, there's one in Eastport and also one downtown Baltimore next to where the old fish marrket used to be. On the other side of Pratt Street from the Power Plant, I think it's Water Street. $10 Valet Parking. can't beat it. There are several others around.

http://www.ruthschris.com/locations/locations.html

On line reservation requests available and also special requests. (Quiet tables, corner etc..)

My wife and I go once or twice a year (To the one downtown) and every time service, food, everything outstanding. As well as the bill OUTSTANDING, but worth every penny!!!!!!!!.

·
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BG: Nice report. May want to edit with spell check..(Crab dip description) :yes:

By the way, whee the heck is this place???

MG
Uhhhhh, wow! It looks like I didn't finish 1st grade.:eek:

Boatyard Bar and Grill is in Eastport two doors down from Ruth's Chris.;)

Ruth's Chris is great, but a bit spendy. For our anniversary dinner with a bottle of wine and tip was a couple bills or so. Online reservations were nice. They knew it was our anniversary because I put it on the reservation.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts