Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If it's cold it may as well snow.

Perhaps the first good of of the season.

See below for an excerpt from www.marylandweather.com

Feb 9, 2007
Latest on next week's snow
UPDATE 4 P.M. FRIDAY: Forecasters this afternoon posted the following Hazardous Weather Advisory:

"A STORM COMING OUT OF THE SOUTHERN PLAINS AND DEVELOPING OFF THE
SOUTHEAST COAST OF THE UNITED STATES WILL LIKELY AFFECT THE
REGION EARLY NEXT WEEK. SNOW MAY BEGIN AS EARLY AS MONDAY...
CONTINUING THROUGH TUESDAY NIGHT. AT THIS POINT TUESDAY LOOKS TO
HAVE THE BEST POTENTIAL FOR HEAVY SNOW AS THE STORM INTENSIFIES
OFF THE COAST. THIS SYSTEM WILL NEED TO BE CLOSELY MONITORED
THROUGH THE WEEKEND FOR THE POSSIBILITY OF A SIGNIFICANT STORM
EARLY NEXT WEEK. ALTHOUGH IT IS TOO EARLY TO FORECAST SPECIFIC
SNOWFALL ACCUMULATIONS...STAY ALERT THROUGH THE WEEKEND FOR THE
LATEST ON THIS POTENTIAL WINTER EVENT.

AFTER THE STORM...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED
TUESDAY AND WEDNESDAY FOR THE TIDAL POTOMAC AND MARYLAND PORTION
OF THE CHESAPEAKE BAY.

VERY COLD TEMPERATURES AND WIND CHILLS SHOULD BE EXPECTED TUESDAY
NIGHT THROUGH THURSDAY MORNING."

EARLIER: Forecasters at the National Weather Service office in Sterling seem to be getting more comfortable with their predictions for the storm headed this way next week. The computer models are beginning to converge on a solution, and the probabilities have climbed from 60 to 70 percent this afternoon. Here's the forecast from Sterling. Way too early for them to venture accumulation predictions.

And here's a bit of this morning's discussion (edited by me for clarity):

"QUIET CONDITIONS EXPECTED THRU THE WEEKEND AS HIGH PRESSURE BUILDS OVER THE
AREA. ATTENTION THEN TURNS TO SIGNIFICANT WINTER STORM WHICH APPEARS LIKELY
TO IMPACT THE REGION MON NIGHT-TUE. LOW PRESSURE (STORM) FORECAST TO ORGANIZE OVER
THE SOUTHERN PLAINS ON SUNDAY AND MOVE EAST ACROSS THE NORTHERN GULF COAST STATES
AND ACROSS THE CAROLINAS TUESDAY.

"FINALLY...BEGINNING TO SEE SOME CONSISTENCY IN THE MODELS WITH RESPECT TO TRACK OF (STORM) ... AND
AN ENSEMBLE (COMPUTER) PLOT ALSO SHOWS MUCH BETTER CLUSTERING THAN YESTERDAY
INCREASING CONFIDENCE THAT WE'LL SEE A HEAVY SNOW EVENT SOMEWHERE
ACROSS OUR (FORECAST AREA). BASED ON (COMPUTER MODEL CONSENSUS) ... STILL THINK MIXED PRECIP IS A GOOD POSSIBILITY
ACROSS OUR SOUTHERNMOST COUNTIES FROM NELSON/ALBERMARLE EAST THRU ST
MARYS COUNTY. COLDER WEATHER RETURNS FROM WEDNESDAY THRU THE END OF THE WEEK.
MODELS HAVE BACKED OFF ON SECOND STORM THAT THEY WERE ADVERTISING
COUPLE OF DAYS AGO."

Lest you get too freaked out, in weather parlance, "heavy snow" means 4 inches or more.

AccuWeather, of course, is much more enthusiastic about the stormy prospects for next week. Here's snow-hawk Henry Margusity on the Tuesday storm, which he calls a "Virginia, Maryland Special," with 6 inches of accumulation or better, and Baltimore, Washington, Ocean City getting "the good snows." Watch the video.

Chris

·
Premium Member
26,152 Posts
So I need to take a snow shovel to the ramp if I fish Tuesday.:eek: I really hope it does snow about 6-8''s. Skip

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Maybe I will finally be able to get some $$ out of all these damn snow plows I have.
Skip- let me know what time you'll be there so I can help to launch the boat:D

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
3,364 Posts
Early Snowfall Map

I think central MD will get at least 4" out of this storm and with the most recent model runs it looks like we could get more like 8-14" in central MD.

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I rock!
439 Posts
Lets have at it! boat is out, nothing better to do but work. Extra few days home with mom and the kids sounds great!

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Bring it on...
This is why I've owned Jeeps since 1987. :cool:
Just had to relate this story...2 weekends ago when we had the dusting on Sunday afternoon, and everybody went nuts and forgot how to drive, I had to follow a Jeep for miles that had it's 4 way flashers on and 15 mph down MD Rt. 7.
Pat in Joppa

·
Registered
12,450 Posts
NOOOOOOO, I work for a supermarket....man we don't want to hear about that stuff.......:D

·
Registered
379 Posts
Snow, snow, glorious snow. It gives me a very good excuse to make a trip to the liquor store. I really must stock up on Coors Lite just in case Burgess gets stranded at my place.

·
Registered
8,994 Posts
Snow, snow, glorious snow. It gives me a very good excuse to make a trip to the liquor store. I really must stock up on Coors Lite just in case Burgess gets stranded at my place.
Brian,If Burgess gets stranded at your House,Better get AT LEAST a Tanker Truck with a Tap!!!:D :D :D [Mike]

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Next 5 days weather for West Palm Beach 76 today, 74 tommorow, 80,monday,78 tuesday and 80 wed. I do miss the snow and cold and grey overcast days back in Maryland;)

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I Support Tidal Fish
4,199 Posts
Next 5 days weather for West Palm Beach 76 today, 74 tommorow, 80,monday,78 tuesday and 80 wed. I do miss the snow and cold and grey overcast days back in Maryland;)
Thanks Wino ...that really hurt man:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts