Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1994 F250 7.3 automatic

If Im not applying at least moderate throttle, the RPM guage goes to zero sometimes. It also will go to zero when you let off the throttle and coasting. Sometimes it stays on zero when it is just cranked up.

When it goes to zero it causes the "overdrive off" light to flash on the gear shifter and the tranny does not shift right at all.

Truck seems to run well at cruise, but as soon as you let off throttle it might go to zero or jumps up and down.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Eric

·
Premium Member
7,664 Posts
1994 F250 7.3 automatic

If Im not applying at least moderate throttle, the RPM guage goes to zero sometimes. It also will go to zero when you let off the throttle and coasting. Sometimes it stays on zero when it is just cranked up.

When it goes to zero it causes the "overdrive off" light to flash on the gear shifter and the tranny does not shift right at all.

Truck seems to run well at cruise, but as soon as you let off throttle it might go to zero or jumps up and down.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Eric
Check your battery connections......... Trust Me it's possible.....

If not call me I have the Super Chips Diagnostic Tuner and it can read the diagnostic codes.... 535-6868 Lucian

·
Registered
58 Posts
i think that it is your "cam positioning sensor" it is a 75 dollar part and you should keep an extra. i had 3 go bad in my old ford. you will need some one to show you where it is, it is easy to swap out!

·
Registered
80 Posts
All you need to replace the cam sensor is a 10 mm shallow socket on a extension around 4 inches long. Its located bellow the water pump on the passanger side in the front cover. You will need to pry it out with a long screw driver. I also recomend carrying a spare one with you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts