Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you had purchased $1,000 of shares in Delta Airlines one year ago, you will have $49.00 today.
If you had purchased $1,000 of shares in AIG one year ago, you will have $33.00 today.
If you had purchased $1,000 of shares in Lehman Brothers one year ago, you will have $0.00 today.
But, if you had purchased $1,000 worth of beer one year ago, drank all the beer, then turned in the aluminum cans for recycling refund, you will have received a $214.00.
Based on the above, the best current investment plan is to drink heavily and recycle. It is called the 401-Keg.
A recent study found that the average American walks about 900 miles a year.
Another study found that Americans drink, on average, 22 gallons of alcohol a year.
That means that, on average, Americans get about 41 miles to the gallon!
Makes you proud to be an American!

·
Registered
590 Posts
MPG went way down when I bought my boat

A recent study found that the average American walks about 900 miles a year. Another study found that Americans drink, on average, 22 gallons of alcohol a year.
That means that, on average, Americans get about 41 miles to the gallon!
Makes you proud to be an American!
I too have heard of that study (DOE, 10 years @ $2M annually) and agree that my alcohol consumption and distanced walked fell within the published statiscal average.

I will add though that when I bought my boat, I found that it altered the equation somewhat:

Now I only walk 200 miles per year (100 miles walking to the boat, 100 miles staggering back) but have an Alcohol Consumption Rate of 200 gallons per year. An increase due to the fact that we generally have some sort of chilled libation available for refreshment on every trip.

Doing the math then, it appears that the purchase of my boat has dropped my ACR from 41 to 1 MPG.

If the DOE would like to eliminate the downward pressure of my individual MPG on their total, they could take steps to increase it by buying me a bigger boat. An action that would presumably lead to a little more walking and staggering on my part.

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I rock!
1,699 Posts
very funny!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts