Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reading all the Rock recipes makes me hungry. What makes Kosher Salt Kosher that other salts don't offer? Isn't all salt a mineral making them all Kosher? Does its Kosherness have to do with the Dead Sea, Lot's Wife, or being recommended by Moses?

Thanks for making me a believer!

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Kosher salt or Koshering salt is a term that describes one of the most commonly used varieties of edible salt in commercial kitchens today. Kosher salt has a much larger grain size than regular table salt, and a more open granular structure. Like common table salt, kosher salt consists of the chemical compound sodium chloride. Unlike common table salt, Kosher salt typically contains no additives (for example, iodine), although kosher salt produced by Morton contains sodium ferrocyanide as a free-flow agent. The term kosher salt is restricted to North America.

I'm not a big fan of salt, I dont know why, but the grain is much larger and as the paragraph above explains, no addititves.

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
I'll add the very best rockfish I ever ate, was made at a very popular restaurant called 2Amys. They made width wide "sticks" with Italian bread crumbs, deep fried and of course, Kosher salt.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
I sprinkle it on my bait to help toughen it up a little.

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Dispite it's large crystal's Kosher salt desolves VERY quickly which makes it ideal for cooking. You don't have to wait to test the food if it needs more salt.

TED

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Use it a lot in Kosher cooking to draw the blood out of the meat before it is cooked . good in cooking as it takes dissolve diffrent than table salt more salty flavor

1 - 9 of 9 Posts