Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from a friend's memorial service - Sean was only 50 when he died. Guess whenever a friend dies - you can not help but stop and think about your own life and upcoming demise. No way to avoid dying - but you can believe when I go - I'm giving death the middle finger.

Sean was lead singer for local cover band " Korupt " - had many a fun time at their shows that I do not remember :thumbup:.

His memorial was well attended - six local bands performed. All toasted to Sean but truth be told - he is gone forever.

We all talked about how short life is - and how fast death approaches. Some fear death - but no way around it. I hope when I go - my ear drums are deaf from too much music , my eyes blind from too many sunrises / sunsets , my liver shot from too much drinking and my body scarred up and beat up from a life well lived.

I made my mind up top have a memorial with open bar and strippers - f&#k a funeral with tears.

So , live your life to the fullest - no telling when your number will come up. Here's to friends lost - rest in peace.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Sorry to hear about your friend. When that happens, it does make you think twice about what's most important in life.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Skip,

Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. He will live on in the memories of all the good times, and every time that you raise a glass to him.

Don

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
Sorry to hear of the loss of your friend.

And I agree, at my wake its Hendrix, Stevie Ray and the Beatles for tunes, the game on the big screen with grills going for the tail gate party in the parking lot. Celebrate my life the I way lived!

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Skip, Sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. 50 is way too young. Makes us examine our own vulnerabilities. Live life everyday to the best of your ability.

...Rock on Sean...

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Sorry for your loss Skip, that is why I am living the dream down in Florida fishing and enjoying the fantastic weather.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting “Holy ****, what a ride!”

Greg

Sorry for your loss

1 - 11 of 11 Posts