Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a nikon coolpix camera with sandisk memory card SD and no problems taking pics and loading on my computer. So I buy a new Kodak SD card,when I put it in the camera it says the card needs to be formated. Once it is formated to take pics then I plug in my computer and my computer cant read it, it says that it needs to be formated and I loose my pics. Then put it back in the camera and the camera wont read it again it needs to be formated. WTF!! Is there something I not doing. Keith

·
Registered
70 Posts
I was having a problem trying to get my computer to recognize the newer sd hc (high capacity)cards. If it says hc under the sd on the card you may need a card reader for your computer or tv etc. to read it. My computer kept acting as if there was no card in the slot...just a thought !! hope ya get it figured out. B

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
B- I went through that. The HC cards wont work at all the camera wont reconize them. This is a regular SD card

·
Registered
626 Posts
Go to the Nikon website and download the Nikon Transfer. It should have come with the camera. The transfer utility will recognize the SD and move the pictures to a folder called Nikon Transfer. Each transfer gets a new set of names and numbers so pictures aren't written over.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts