Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I support TidalFish.com!
3,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Gang,

My son (32 yrs old) works in the White Plains/Waldorf area (north of the 301 bridge in Maryland). He now drives an hr north to the deale area, living with us. He has been working in the White Plains area for less than a year and trying to get back on his feet. So, he doesn't have a lot of money.

He and a buddy are thinking about trying to get an apt at the Monmouth Woods apts in King George, Va.

I told him I could ask you guys for any input (positive or negative) about the apts/area/neighborhood/traffic going north after going over the bridge/etc.

Thanks Guys,

[smile][smile]

·
Registered
309 Posts
I can't help on the apartments but can help on the other. First off, the toll on the bridge to leave MD is $3 (yes entering is free but leaving costs you). However, it is imperetive to get the EZ pass. The EZ pass lets you go in the left lane through the toll and only costs 60 cents per day. The301 drive is prettty easy and uncongested. Just DONT speed through those toll areas or they will get ya. When it says 25mph, slow down to 25 mph. Get gas and cigerrettes at Sheetz first, WAWA second.

One edit, if he is tight on the cash....buy Sheetz (or WAWA) prepaid gas cards when he gets paid then he can just charge of his gas or samwiches against the prepaid cards..........just helps with the money management in my opinion.

Hope that helps...

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Don't know anything about Monmouth Woods. Try Jefferson Woods townhomes in K.G. (540) 891-1811, ask for Judy Moore. I think rents are in the $850-1100 range.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I hope he finds a place any where in kg other than Mamouth Hood, yes it has a resemblence to more populated crime ridden inner city neighborhoods than the overall bucolic setting most of kg is. I have had friends that lived there and they nor I would recommend it. Bill

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I support TidalFish.com!
3,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Guys[smile]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts