Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife loves to fish on our boat but....there is a catch. She does not get sea sick, in our boat or on a charter off shore. What happens is after we get back, after about 2hrs. she says the best way to explain it is, she says that it feels like she is drunk with a hangover, (we don't drink on the boat. and alcohol is not a factor) she says her vision gets blurry, headace, and everything is moving around (dizzy) all this last for about 2 days. Have any of you run into this before and what did you do? It really stinks when we want to do the family fishing thing. Thanks for any serious advice.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Timber -

She may have what I call boat hang-over. If at all possible get her to land and let her walk around a few times during the day. Tough to do, but it works for most folks.
- THarding

·
Registered
399 Posts
I have some friends that are dizzy sometimes after a long ride, but ususally after being on land for a while helps. Sounds like she was born to be on the water though.
Sorry for your wife.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
it is an inner ear problem. u would have to ask a dr. Had an uncle who had problems. The fluid in his cochlea actually leaked out sometimes and was quite debilatating

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I used to have the same problem when I was younger. We would go out on quite long cod trips from Mass. and Rhode Island.
When we would get back I would be in rough shape for a while but sleeping usually helped me get over it. Just don't look at thje ceiling while you are trying to go to sleep because it will make things work and it looks like it is rolling in with 4 foot swells. Good luck with getting over it just took me some time to get used to it.

--John

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I definately agree with Rocksandblues ....sounds like an inner ear problem. She might want to try taking some ginger capsules or crystalized ginger before, during, and after your trip. Ginger does not have the side effects of the medications that are available for this problem.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
[Q]rocksandblues originally wrote:
it is an inner ear problem. u would have to ask a dr. Had an uncle who had problems. The fluid in his cochlea actually leaked out sometimes and was quite debilatating
[/Q]Yeah, I had a little problem with leakage when I was a young man but got over it.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Funny thing about leakage. You have it when you are very young, loose it for most of your life, and then it comes back when you get older. That is if you are a normal person.

Sorry about the after shock head aches and stuff. It must be tough on her. My only after effect is to feel like I'm still out there on the boat after I come in.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts