Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of any where in the area that carries powerwinch parts?
Portsmouth trailer has cut back on inventory and everywhere else I`ve seen only carries replacement cables and elec plugs. I`m trying to find a bearing kit and clutch washers.

Thanks
Dean

·
Registered
8 Posts
You can try online of course, but Hibbard's Iron Works in Hampton carries a good inventory and if not, can order any part you need.

They did it for me!!

Then you need to assess whether it is cheaper to repair or just replace.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I`ll give them a call tomorrow. I`d rather replace the shaft bushings (bearings on the parts list) myself than buy a new winch($400 or so!)

·
Registered
407 Posts
Budget Boats will part out their non-working winches. Or you may be able to order the parts on-line from the manufacturer.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Rory. That`s another avenue.
I downloaded the parts list earlier today from Powerwinch but if I could get them locally I can fish this weekend. I`ll make a couple of calls in the AM. If that doesn`t pan out I`ll order online.

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
If you have a problem try Eastern Marine in Newark De just google them,bunch of parts in stock or they will have the part the next day,they ship daily.

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
where were you last month ? i threw a whole one away out of the garage and sold rory goggin a complete working model for $50

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Called Hibbards this morning and they had the parts I needed. Took an early lunch, went to get the bearings and clutch washers, stopped by the house pulled old stuff out, put in new, back in action. I already had the two halves of the case separated and still have to put them back together.
I think I may have found a new trailer parts store. These guys have got a lot of stuff. They do trailer repairs too.
Thanks for the help.

Dean

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
Ben Raugh over on Springdale Road used to sell them. I heard he retired, but if his shop was taken over by someone they may still be selling the parts. I've had them UPS parts to me here on the northern end of the Peninsula.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts