Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The clicker on my 113h broke this Saturday. I'm guessing it has something to do with the freezing cold temps. With little or no reel repair experience is this something I should consider doing myself (part availability? and difficulty of the repair?) or should I just take this somewhere?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
define broke...

let's see it was working fine through the day and the clicker was on and I went to start reeling in near the end of the day and disengaged the clicker and noticed it slid out too easy, before reeling tried to re-engage the clicker and the slide is loose and won't stay locked. When I reel I can here a little bit of a clinking in the left side like something broke free. Spoke to the guy in Long Bay Marina tackle shop about fixing it and he mentioned to me those clickers are a little bit of a pain because you have to split some pin with a hammer to lock it in??? He also said Shakespeare bought the Senator line from Penn and the parts are tougher to get now???(I did not know this)

·
Premium Member
4,887 Posts
There's been some posts/links to a guy who gives step-by-step instructions for rebuilds... and I know the 113H was one of them.... someone help finding the link/post... please?

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Yeah, shakesphere did buy them out a while back, but the parts arent a big deal to get.

I just looked at the schematic, the clicker mechanism is made of 2 main parts, the piece you move to turn the clicker on is held in place by a retaining clip, the brass part if slides into to "click" is held in place by a single screw. Alas, no pins to split.

go over to Alantani.com, hes got a tutorial on tearing down a 113 baja special, the main differance is in the frame and I think the gear ratio, but the left side is all the same.

heres your parts list

62-309 click spring $2.40
63-209 click spring screw $.70
36-113 click button $1.50
35-60 click tounge $1.35
69b-600 retianing ring $1.05

got to pennparts.com to order, looks like everything is in stock

if all else fails, bmail me.

Danny

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
The clicker on this reel is a copper semicircle( pc 62 Click Spring) and the clicker button has an arrow shaped piece ( 35 click tongue) that slides in and out of the semi circle opening. The semi circle piece is held in place by a screw and a plastic nub on the side plate. More than likely the screw has gotten loose and the clicker has slipped off the nub. Easy fix, just pull off the left hand side plate y removing the 6 side plate screws and realign the click spring to the nub and tighten the screw. Makre sue the click tongue slides in and out properly before you put the side plate back on.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Darren, great call. I hadn't taken it apart when I left the original post. Got home tonight and took off the left side plate and the little screw that holds the spring in place had come out. Very easy fix bud, appreciate it.

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
Glad I was of help. I have had ine do that a few times. As a matter of fact I have one in the gagrage right now that needs that fix. I think I am going to try putting some thread lock on that screw to keep it from working loose. Seems like after they do it once it just keeps getting worse.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts