Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The clicker on my 113h broke this Saturday. I'm guessing it has something to do with the freezing cold temps. With little or no reel repair experience is this something I should consider doing myself (part availability? and difficulty of the repair?) or should I just take this somewhere?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
define broke...

let's see it was working fine through the day and the clicker was on and I went to start reeling in near the end of the day and disengaged the clicker and noticed it slid out too easy, before reeling tried to re-engage the clicker and the slide is loose and won't stay locked. When I reel I can here a little bit of a clinking in the left side like something broke free. Spoke to the guy in Long Bay Marina tackle shop about fixing it and he mentioned to me those clickers are a little bit of a pain because you have to split some pin with a hammer to lock it in??? He also said Shakespeare bought the Senator line from Penn and the parts are tougher to get now???(I did not know this)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Darren, great call. I hadn't taken it apart when I left the original post. Got home tonight and took off the left side plate and the little screw that holds the spring in place had come out. Very easy fix bud, appreciate it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts