Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, was wondering if anyone has ever rented a pickup truck? Since I traded mine in a year or so ago I never thought I'd need it...now it looks like I"m buying a boat in NC and trading my boat in there so I have to drive down to NC, pickup my trailer, drive back there with my boat, and come back with my new boat...all this and I have no tow vehicle. I looked at Uhaul but they charge per mile, even the car rental places I've seen charge per mile. Does anyone have any suggestions of a place that might rent for a reasonable price with unlimited miles?

If not, I can always use enterprise, best deal I found so far...
thanks
mark

·
Registered
7,988 Posts
You can rent pickups from most of the rental companies, I've done it many times for work, but they all have no towing clauses. So, not sure what to tell you.

·
Premium Member
12,554 Posts
go to a dealership and ask if you can test drive it for the weekend and go pick up your boat:yes:

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
most pickup rentals (Enterprise, Budget even Rentals unlimited on thier pickups and vans) have a no towing stipuation in the contract plus I don't think they have the hitch on them. With all the driving up down and back then rental fees would it be cheaper to have it shiped. (not trying to be smart ass) just looking at the overhead

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
then there is this option to rent a park and ride Ford (not endorsed by writer)
1Loosen ring in the ignition switch with hammer and screw driver.

Step2Pull ignition switch out of the dash. Unplug the switch.

Step3Look at the back of the plug and find the main hot wire; normally it is one of the bigger wires, commonly red or black with a yellow or green stripe. Put the two wires in one of the holes. Make sure it is a hot wire.

Step4Touch one of the two wires to another one of the wires in the plug. You are looking for the one that cranks the motor over.

Step5Now that you have found the one that cranks it while cranking the engine take the second wire and touch it to another one of the wires in the plug until the engine starts. When it starts, unplug the wire that cranked the motor over. Now you are on your way.

I think I learned it in catholic school or while I wasthinking about studying for the priesthood

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Mark; if there's one thing this site does; it's make you think outside the box. Take your boat out in the middle of the bay, pull a fuse out of the back of the pannel and if you have Boat U.S. unlimited towing, ask them to tow your boat to N.C. then pick up your new boat and trailer, and bring it home.

If I'm not being to nosey; what are you getting? I know you have been looking. Marty

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Bro... road trip. Just let me know when.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Some Ford dealers will rent pickups for a flat fee. I rented one from Aldridge Ford in Lexington Park MD to take some military materials down to an outfit in Norfolk. If I remember right it was $58 for the day. The truck was an almost new F-150 and had about 8,000 miles on it. Probably was a demo. Had a hitch receiver on it, so if you supply the hitch and wire harness you would be all set. Hope this helps, I would guess other dealers have a similar deal close to where you live.

LO :))

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
John... thats not Mike's truck... there's a Root Beer on the tailgate!:D:D

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
dont go blaming the wife there Mike- actually, this leaves a couple questions... are you saying that the root beer is the wife's or that the truck is the wife's because of the presence of root beer instead of beer beer?!?! :D:D:D

And a bottle of water on the bedrail?!?!? I can only assume that you needed to add some to the radiator.... either that, or a clever disguise for your moonshine. C'mon Mike... Im starting to worry!:D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts