Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone...

I'm looking for a place to buy high quality 2 stroke oil like XD50 or Yamalube around Baltimore out of a bulk container as opposed to a retail container. I'm north of Baltimore so Essex/Middle River/White Marsh would work well. I've been buying XD50 from a place in NJ for about $22 a gallon shipped, which isn't bad, but was hoping for something a little closer.

Thanks

· Registered
4,536 Posts
This is not a Baltimore dealer, but it might be worth it if you bought enough volume. My office is in DC near the Maine Ave. seafood barges. Next to the barges is the Washington Marina. They have sold bulk Yamalube for the past few years. They may have some other variety of marine oil in bulk too.

· Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It definitely smokes less than regular 2 stroke oils. It supposedly has an anti-carbon compound called CarbX in it too. Usually I roll my eyes at some of the claims made on these oil bottles, but when I pulled my head when I had a cylinder lose compression on my port motor, my piston heads actually looked pretty clean. My mechanic also swears by the stuff. He's independant and doesn't sell the stuff, so I trust him. He did say though that most of the good OEM oils are more or less interchangable but he likes the XD50.

I ran a gallon of Pennzoil "XLF" through each motor this season too when I couldn't get XD50, it definitely seemed to smoke more and seemed to load up quicker at trolling speeds. Working the throttles would clear it out quickly though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.