Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am at wits end trying to get something done at Social security. I'm thinking of retaining legal council. Does anyone know of a good lawyer who specializes in this area? Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
FF--Make sure you Choose a LOCAL legal attorney, City boys in Sharkskin suits & Alligator shoes may know the ropes , but they don't dine with the Judge --geo.

·
Registered
7,541 Posts
I don't know of any, but try Lawyers, Find a Lawyer, Law Firm & Attorney Directory - martindale.com. It's a database of most lawyers. You can plug in information for a detailed search in your area.

The Yellow Pages isn't a bad idea, either. Quite a few good local lawyers don't want to pay the fee of being listed in Martindale....the YP often pays off better for them.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
I don't have any recommendations for you either, but if you have a family attorney or know somebody who does, ask them for a recommendation. Frequently practicing attoneys know other attorneys who specialize. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
26,108 Posts
:devil2: - just look under the nearest flat rock :D.

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
probably a dumb a$$ suggestion, but call annapolis ss office and ask them what name they hear the most. they probably will not comprehend the question.

capt. geo, you are a wise ole' dude.

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Is your problem with SS disability benefits or regular SS benefits? If it's disability benefits bmail me and I'll try to refer you to the right lawyer. My wife went through the process. If it's regular benefits I can't help. SS has it's own judges that rule disability claims. In addition, the lawyers fee is set by SS, the lawyers fee or the amt. set by SS, whichever is less.

·
Registered
195 Posts
If it is for disabilaty you need a lawyer to get it belive me I am partially paralized & was denied twice then i got a lawyer and got it. I was told no matter how bad you are hurt you will be denied without a lawyer:yes:

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the replys, everyone. We think we may have made some headway yesterday, without assistance. I guess we'll know next week, that's when they said the money would be transfered. We'll see, but I have my doubts. SS is famous for jerking people around. Thanks, guys

1 - 10 of 10 Posts