Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking at ways to refurb the fishing area onthe albe. The boat is 20 years old and the battle area is worn out and has hairline cracks on the floor. I am either gonna repaint the area and fix the cracks or install a teak floor glued over the existing floor. Im leaning towards the teak since it would look bad ass. anybody ever done anything like this before any input would be great.

·
Registered
9,011 Posts
Pedro.I had a 1979 Nova Offshore that had Tons of Teak in it.It was a Pain in the Ass with upkeep!Best thing out there for Teak I believe is Cetol.I had 2 Floor storage areas with Teak lids and also the Tank cover was Teak.Going to be a bit on the slippery side also.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Pedro,if you are going to put in a teak sole,you leave it bare.If you put a Cetol or any type of sealer on it you are gonna waste alot of time and energy.Remember what my gunwale caps looked like? You dont walk that much on those and they were redone this year,pain in the ass.If you decide to teak it,you cant just glue it to the deck,you have to screw it and then use plugs.Teak has oil in it and will never dry out,so the glue will eventually fail.Awlgrip is probably easiest.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Just my Two cents from being there.....................Teak no way(pain in ass is an understatement)..................Awgrip or Two part interlux with grit mix in is the way to go.......Actually rolled this onto my old Pacemakers cockpit floors..........lasted long and easy clean up..........

BBW

1 - 11 of 11 Posts