Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two weeks ago, Tom Hughe's and I drove to Lake Luzerne, NY to go ice fishing with my son Scott.
At the recommendation of Wild Bill, I had purchased a pair of "Muck Boots" and this was my first opportunity to try them out. I put them on the first morning over a pair of heavy wool Bass Pro Socks. The temperature was 1 deg. above zero as we sped across the ice at 25 mph on Scott's 4 wheeler into a 15 mph wind and my feet remained comfortable throughout both days.:D :D :D Thanks again Wild Bill.

For my clothing, I wore an Arctic Armor Jacket and bibs by idi gear over Under Armor top and bottoms and jeans with a flannel shirt. The Arctic Armor is similar to Mustang Survival wear only it is lighter in weight and will float a 285 lb man. It is NOT approved as a USCG flotation device. It utilizes a thin layer of Insultex which is waterproof and windproof. It is composed of micro air cells that trap and reflect body heat while allowing body moisture to escape. This past week, I wore my Arctic Armor over jeans and a flannel shirt while blowing the snow and ice out of my driveway. The light weight allowed me to move about freely without feeling cold or getting soaked with perspiration
No more discomfort due to cold temperatures and wind!!!!!FWIW

Tight lines,

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Muck boots at Bass Pro.
I bought the Arctic Armor at Fish 307.
http://www.fish307.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=6537&HS=1

Tight lines,

·
Registered
8,845 Posts
You are welcome John. Glad you like them.

I can fully understand, however, why manly men do not want to give up their TITS. So far every one who has tried Cikana Muck Boots has liked them. I got a high pair and low pair. The low pair is not quite as warm but it great for slipping into this kind of weather, when you go out of the house and it is a little sloppy. I keep the low pair by the garage door.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
:clap: I have a tan low cut pair of muck boots . top notch

I love um

Phil (lily)

Next to the garage door too.clap: :rockon:

·
Registered
12,450 Posts
Jkeeler....I have a pair of ther Muck Boots also...which is perfect so I can save my TITS for going out to dinner only............:cool2:

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wild Bill: Some men prefer TITS to Muck. At my age, I have to be satisfied with whatever I can get.:D

Phil: I really like how they allow your feet to breathe so a buildup of perspiration is not a problem and they are very comfortable.

Jamie: I'm really proud of you. Glad to see that you are saving the TITS for formal occasions.:clap:

Tight lines,

·
Registered
5,375 Posts
I bought a pair of Muck Boots this time last year to replace my TITS and love them. You can wear them all day a still feel comfortable.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Muck Boots

Ditto with the Muck Boots. When I saw Wild Bill's pair I wanted to try them. They have Neoprene tops that slip on much like a glove. They have non-slip soles and offer great support. Undoubtedly the best pair of boots I have ever owned. I own both the low cuts and the high tops.

I liked them so much I bought pairs for Big Fish Bob and my brother for Christmas presents. Bob says they are the best boots he has ever had.

I have had good luck with this website and have bought several pairs for gifts. Unlike Bass Pro, no shipping or Tax if you live in Maryland.

Look under "Fishing".

http://www.muckbootsandshoes.com/index.php

GT

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks like TITS are out and Mucks are in unless your name is Jamie and you need the TITS for formal wear when you go out to Burger King or McDonalds for dinner.:D :D :D :cool:
Tight lines,

·
Premium Member
1,753 Posts
Since you all have muck boots, want to muck some stalls every monday, My Granddaughter would really appreciate it

Thanks in advance

LOL

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
You are welcome John. Glad you like them.

I can fully understand, however, why manly men do not want to give up their TITS. So far every one who has tried Cikana Muck Boots has liked them. I got a high pair and low pair. The low pair is not quite as warm but it great for slipping into this kind of weather, when you go out of the house and it is a little sloppy. I keep the low pair by the garage door.
I know the drill Bill, I have a pair of flip flops next to the sliding glass door to the pool and a pair of sandals for when I go to the boat, same idea just different temps.;)

·
Registered
8,845 Posts
oldfart-

They are great for mucking out llama beans too. Fortunately I do not have to do it often.:eek:

Steve-

Go ahead and rub it in, as we still have a load of ice and snow up here.:mad:

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Hey John
Meanwhile back at the farm we got to 77 deg today and the snook were biting. :D Man I really hate cold weather anymore but I'll be up in a week to settle on a house, brrrrrrrrrrr.:cool2:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts