Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many had to change the time on their cell phones and computers because of three week early start of DST? I had to. I see the Tidal Fish clock hasn't changed either.

·
Registered
7,591 Posts
When I downloaded the fix for my PC's time change, it responded that the updates were already in my PC.....and I see the time didn't adjust itself this morning. Reckon if I manually change the time now, it'll need to be changed by me again when the computer moves it an hour ahead down the road. Same for other devices around here. Oh well, hope businesses who really need it to work correctly make out ok.

·
Registered
5,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Big Will, I never thought about the change again in three weeks. Then we'll be setting everything back an hour. That should really confuse some people. Same thing happens when we go off of DST since it's being extended 1 week.

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
My computer and cell phone changed.

·
Registered
9,443 Posts
Thanks Dennis, looks interesting. I'll save it for a rainy day when I can read it all.
I hear ya. A lot of stuff there.

I guess the most important part for now is the download patch that is on that link which will take care of the time issue and why Microsoft suggests that you do not do it manually.

For those that want to get the job done now and not wait for a rainy day, you might want to take a look at the link.

EDIT: As a side note, if your time is not correct on your cell phone the problem may be that the power was left on overnight. If you turn your phone off and on again the time should adjust automatically.

Dennis:))

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
My computer automatically changed, thought I was going to have to manually change it this morning. Guess I must have received an update that fixed it

·
Registered
5,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Did know my cell had to be turned off but makes sence. So it's GPS time, I wondered how it allways changed time zones whenever I go to San Francisco. Hmmm, just looked at my other cell. It changed and was on all night. Go figure. But chit I'm retired so it doesn't make any difference what time it is. Sometimes I don't even know what day it is. I think everyday day is Saturday.:))

·
Registered
11,114 Posts
I set my alarm clock for 2 AM...Woke up...Then told my wife to get up & set the the clocks back an hour..then went back to sleep.

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
Those clocks were supposed to spring forward not fall back.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts