Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are planning on getting a new truck. For the first time in my life I have the cash!!!!

I heard somewhere that there is no sales tax in Delaware. Does anybody know if this is true?

The other question is, if I pay no sales tax in DE, will there be a problem when I bring it home and title it in VA?

·
Registered
950 Posts
The tax is paid to the state that you register the truck in. What kind of truck are you wanting I may be able to help?

·
Registered
397 Posts
When you go to DMV for title and tags, they will want certificate of origin or a bill of sale. Thats when the fun stops !!!!:eek2: When I bought my new boat trailer two years ago, I went through this. Ouch !!!! :eek: :eek:

If you do buy out of state and you do pay tax there, MAKE SURE the state has a reciprocal tax agreement with Va. IF not....

I have a friend that bought a truck in Fla. on vacation when the one he was driving blew up. He paid tax in Fla. and when he got back to Va., they wanted to charge him tax again!!! Long story short, the new Avalanche sat in his driveway for THREE MONTHS while Fla. and Va. DMV's got it straightened out.

·
Registered
610 Posts
not sure what you are looking for but i just bought a 4 door chevy silverado from duke automotive in suffolk for $6000.00 less than the other 6 dealers around from emporia to elez. city plus they did not have it instock they had to pick it up from the dealer in virginia beach turn out it was the first truck i test drove

as for taxes they are going to stick you! any way you look at it. plus if your city does not have city stickers you will get another bill from the dmv for $30.00 for that fee the dear does not include in there fees

good luck

toby

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
consider this if you're thinking about a diesel. I've noticed the diesel pumps state the fuel is not for use in model year 2007 and later. I don't know where these guys get the new ultra low sulfer fuel but the stuff I see at the pumps should not be burnt in a new diesel. When the fuel is available everywhere its fine to run in the "older" pre-2007 engines but they run a little hotter due to the lesser amount of lubricant (sulfer). Anyone with better info on that subject please, lets hear it. I could be wrong. :eek:

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
I have an 07 ram 2500 and both the dealership and cummins say the warning posted on the pumps can be disregarded. I have 23000 miles and have seen no problem. 17 miles per gallon and loves to eat the fords!!!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Finnaddict Mike, They have switched over to the new diesel. Most fuel stations are just too lazy to take the stickers off. I asked the owner of the station I get diesel for my 2007 about the sticker. His reply "I haven't of been able to do it yet, would you mind?":mad:

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
I have an 07 ram 2500 and both the dealership and cummins say the warning posted on the pumps can be disregarded. I have 23000 miles and have seen no problem. 17 miles per gallon and loves to eat the fords!!!
Noticed your post and was wondering if you bought your truck to pull a boat or road race??

Cummins is a good engine. Had one in my 1968 Kenworth, my 1970 Diamond Reo and in a 1978 Kenworth back when I was a lease operator driving over the road. Cat back then was THE best engine getting around 1,000,000 miles on an overhaul until they got smart and put out a regular truck engine without the overhead cams. Cummins would only get about 500,000 miles before a overhaul back then.......... Detroit about 300,000 and they blew oil all over the place............

But back to the original question......... are your racing or pulling?

·
Registered
38 Posts
If you are interested in a 2005 Chevy DuraMax 2500HD with Allison, Extended cab 4 door loaded with options, gets 18 - 20 mpg on bio-diesel, low sulphur diesel, does not require ultra-low-sulphur. It is tan metallic with tan interior, only 18000 highway miles and not a scratch. Asking $32000. Lets talk. (not a dealer) 80445390969

·
Registered
249 Posts
dude, I sell Nissans for a living. the Titan and Frontier are whippin' the domestics right now.
The Titan will pull 9500lbs, the frontier 6500lbs. This is standard. AND they are built in Mississippi, not Tokyo.

Call me if you're interested. I work at Priority Nissan in Newport News- I'm the top salesman there and I can get something done for you.
Anyone else need a hookup, any make or model, call me. I run the cars.com site for Priority Nissan and I can get pretty much anything you need.

- Tory
(757) 303-8416
[email protected]
[email protected]

tight lines

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Sandtiger I actually own 9 dodges all 4x4 2500 and 3500 with cummins. They pull everyday and have been very dependable!! The 2500 I drive pulls the boat and on occassion equipment and yes will turn up if necessary. With a click of a button or two instant 480 hp. out of a 6 cyl. To be sure not necessary but...alittle fun during the mid-life crisis keeps life entertaining!! Oh yea virginiaboy I've got a good strong chain bring on your RICE BURNER!!!!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Thanks for all the help guys. I think I'll bypass all of the trouble and buy locally.

One reason for the new truck (aside from the fact the my WIFE wants the truck, getting rid of an Impala) is my 2000 Silverado with 4.3L V-6 doesn't wanna pull my 23' boat.

Tory - check your e-mail

FredHead
Sea Fox 230WA
Just Relaxin'

·
Registered
214 Posts
Sandtiger I actually own 9 dodges all 4x4 2500 and 3500 with cummins. They pull everyday and have been very dependable!! The 2500 I drive pulls the boat and on occassion equipment and yes will turn up if necessary. With a click of a button or two instant 480 hp. out of a 6 cyl. To be sure not necessary but...alittle fun during the mid-life crisis keeps life entertaining!! Oh yea virginiaboy I've got a good strong chain bring on your RICE BURNER!!!!
glutton for punishment x9, Cummins (you need a chip for power?) is okay but the sad thing is they all come in Dodge! :D

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
DON'T HAVE A CHIP!! As far as Dodge I drove Fords for years but they just keep getting uglier every year and I wouldn't drive a (well push) Chevy to a chicken fight. A little punishment is good for a SADISTIC guy like me!! Don't take it too seriously just having a little fun. BTW Glutton and MAYCRAFT are pretty close together in your post!!!

·
Registered
214 Posts
BTW Glutton and MAYCRAFT are pretty close together in your post!!!
you know it!:thumbup:

The Mrs's is going to leave me if I don't get a better ride. She is eyeing the Albemarle's and older Bertrams.

As far as diesels go......I may give up on anythig newer than 06 and toying with the idea of a Cummins conversion for the F350. A couple of years down the road though.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Henry Ford

I laugh every time I'm at the boat ramp, for all the bells and whistles, chips ,hemis, I barely break idle with my Ford big 6 motor. Never knew why they quick making it. I guess it was tooo easy to work on.:clap: :clap: :clap:

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
I just bought the 07 Silverado Crew. 5.3 V-8 4x4 nit pulls my 25' Seafox great. Hauled her to SML last weekend from Richmond and was very pleased with the pull in the mountains. I owned a 99 Dodge diesel 3500 a few years back, bought it new and nothing but trouble with the electronics. Once I got that straight, I had to rebuild the tranny at 50k and 100k. Worked the Sh%t out of t he truck though, pulling a 48' gooseneck back and fourth from Richmond to Pgh with 14 hot tubs on it, maybe had something to do with it, loaded was about 13k including the trailer. Again, my boat isn't any where near that weight so the Silverado saved me some cash.

Rock Crusher
257 Seafox WA

·
Registered
30 Posts
Fredhead,
I'm the sales manager at Wynne Ford in Hampton and can save you more buying local than driving to DE and paying no tax. If you're interested please give me a call at 870-6129. I'm always glad to help a fellow fisherman. You can shop as many places as you want and I guarantee I'll beat everyone else on the first shot.

Regards,
Pat Fields

1 - 20 of 36 Posts