Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man I was driving down yesterday and did I see some Turkeys. One field had around 10 hens and two Tom's.

When I am driving down the road to go fish in OI, Hatteras or Morehead. I keep occupied by looking for Deer and other things while driving. Also saw a Fox and two fields that had a couple Hens. this time of year going down to Morehead it is nothing to see a bear or two.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Most of the turkeys down there were stocked from ones caught at Lake Moomaw. It is good to know it was successfull. I have hunted them around Currituck and Grandy and done well in the spring.

Capt. Tim

·
Registered
782 Posts
I DO THE SAME THING ON THE WAY DOWN.....LOOK FOR BIG BROWN EYED DOES......BUT THERE USED TO BE ALOT OF PHEASANT ON THE WAY DOWN TO HATTERAS....THEN i HEARD THEY TRIED TO THIN THEM OUT WITH A JUNIOR HUNT (ONLY KIDS).....HAVEN'T SEEN THEM IN YEARS..THAT WAS BACK IN THE LATE 70'S EARLY 80'S ...I GUESS ALL THE FOXES THAT WE DON'T TRAP ANYMORE TOOK OVER AND ATE THEM ALL......
iT WAS NOTHING TO COUNT 30-40 PHEASANT ON THE WAY DOWN....

·
Registered
432 Posts
My son went too retrieve his game camera yesterday behind the house (we live in Morgans Corner N.C.) and he saw about five turkeys running towards the woods, then he saw about 50 turkey heads running thru the beans towards the woods..... thats alot of turkeys in one field, thats his story anyway, but hey about two weeks ago we were working on a deer stand and a bear walked thru the woods only about 75 yards away. Bear went right and we went left.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I was driving down there one time and was still in VA on the Chesapeake expressway, saw what looked like a dog from a distance, when I got close I could see it was way too big to be a dog - it was a bear! :eek:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts