Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O'Reilly Factor. He has nailed another! I will be damned if I will spend one cent in VA. Beach!
Fox News tonight aired an interview with the so called "Mayor." What a disgrace! Not only to me, but to all Virginia residents.

Boat tax? Yeah, raise it.

Raise the taxes to provide public defenders TO defend illegal immigrants. YEAH RIGHT!

·
Premium Member
1,295 Posts
and to think

people asked why I left VA Beach....gonna be a little Mexico/haiti/phillipines/ east india/ salovador/ and whatever way too soon...

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's not so much as to what she said or did not say, it's what her husband said. Is she or her husband in "charge?"

·
Registered
783 Posts
It's not so much as to what she said or did not say, it's what her husband said. Is she or her husband in "charge?"
Actually, the way that VA Beach works, the mayor is only one vote among the members of council. The position is more ceremonial than anythine else. The city manager (a nominated position) is the one that directly controls the city. Some of his actions require votes by council, others do not.

Joe
His Doghouse Too

·
Registered
649 Posts
This Whole issue has little to do with City Government. This issue has been raging for years. The main reason the Federal Government was formed by thoses wise old guys who wrote the constitution was to PROTECT THE BORDERS. They have not done this. They will not do this. They say they cant do this. They cant do their #1 job. They sure CAN collect taxes and raise campaign funds. The wise old guys gave us a right to bear arms also. That right was placed there to give the people the power to overthrow a corupt, out of hand federal government. So that the people would not have to endure a ruthless king or any tyranical government. It was a great Idea before the military industrial complex with high tech weaponry. Our government is out of control on every level in this country. WE have to stop watching FOOTBALL and start watching and learning how our governments work or we will loose this country. It may be too late already.

·
Registered
9,443 Posts
Well the city did try to make Virginia Beach a "sanctuary city" for boaters when it cut the boat tax.

Now that they supposedly are not making enough money they have decided to make the the city a "you have been tricked " city by jacking the taxes back up.

I don't recall the city mentioning when they cut the taxes that they were doing it as an experiment and if things did not work out they would consider a higher tax.

I feel for those who felt that they could fit into their budget an upgrade to their trailer, electronics, size boat or perhaps a new engine etc; because of the lower tax rate only to find out they have been bamboozled.

( I guess I am off point with this post, but I did use the word " sanctuary " ) :))

Dennis:))

·
Registered
421 Posts
There Is A Problem When A City Has A Written Policy That Says Law Inforcement Cant Ask Someone If They Are Here Illigally. I Am Not Sure Who Is Responsible For This Policy But I Do Know The Mayor Cant Get Things Done That She Wants Done. Bottom Line Is That Sacred Document They We Love Starts With "we The People" And Not Untill "we The People" Put Enough Pressure On Those That We Elect To Serve Us Will Anything Change. We Must Find Out Who Is Responsible For This Policy From The Local Level On Up To The Federal Level And Hold Them Accountable. We Do Not Serve Them, They Serve Us.

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
This issue really has been getting to me lately. I am in the Real Estate and happen to be working out at Heritage Park (New Contrcution Site out by Lagomar in VB). Yesterday while driving to the development I saw many individuals who were probably not legal citizens standing next to a VB Police officer working on the road Sandbridge Road. Then while traveling down Laskin Road in front of Boaters World I see the exact same thing. I go to a chinesse restruarant out at Aragona to get a quick bite before an appointment and see 7 of them eating at a table and had to use a variation of sign language to order some food due to language barrier.

I am all for Legal Immigration, but when our police officers are standing next to them and not checking for a green card or other proof of legal status in our country, I get frustrated. That same officer will surely pull you over for a much lesser crime of an expired inspection sticker.

How is it that we can see individuals who should be checked out but they do not?:eek2:

·
Registered
575 Posts
Illegals- send all the mother f###### home!

VA Beach- Ha, ha! It's just bad karma from joking on Portsmouth for so long!

Boat tax- Yeah, it sucks but every city should raise it to what you pay on a car.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thought this was a fishing report board. Lets talk more about what the fish are doing and less about the jacked up so called govt. is doing. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
860 Posts
My question is what's happening to the schools? I'd love to relocate to somewhere like VA Beach but with two young kids I would not want to take them somewhere where the schools are filled with a bunch of illegals. The there's healthcare... give it 5 more years and wait to see the taxes they'll be hitting you with.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just hope the citizens VA. BEACH remeber all of this when it comes time to elect new city officals. Mr./Mrs. Mayor has been here to long!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
482 Posts
Have any of you walked the strip during the summer? It is a disgrace. Only the locals get hassled while groups of non-locals accost everyone. John law seems to not notice the "non-locals". I know women who have been physically and verbally assaulted......I think "the man" was too busy riding their horses and putting up the no cussing signs. The strip disease is a symptom of underlying issues. Welcome to the PC culture folks. Remember, if anyone is offended, it must not be good.

Do I have a solution? Not sure. One idea is to turn of American Idol and read the history of our Nation. Another idea is to talk to become active in local government. One thing great about Gloucester is that it is still small enough to feel like I matter. Another idea is to move. I know it is drastic, but I have moved to a different city before due to **** ass politics (Newport News). I am not sure it matters, but I know I padded their tax bottom line more than the scum that drove us out.

The folks on this forum are the core of society. We are busy working and driving this Nation. Apathy is a symptom of a happiness. Unfortunately while we eat dinner and lay in a nice bed....and then go to work for 10 hrs, there are people who do nothing but erode what this Nation is built on. When was the last time the Constitution was followed?

Anyways....sorry for my rant.

This is why I fish. To try and make sense of everything.

Dave.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts