Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
I'd much rather be fishing or talking about fishing than going through bad stuff.

I entered into a contract with a Private Investigator company pertaining to my domestic issues back in march of 06. Long story short….they removed $4600 from an account with my money in it without me realizing it. I reluctantly accepted the loss as me being stupid and left it alone. Now they are after me for $5400 more!!! I signed a contract which wasn't read well enough; I was in a desperate situation and needed investigative work done and didn't do any homework on the company. Bottom line I signed a pretty extensive contract foolishly, however, they absolutely breeched part of it which enabled them to steal my money. They have done it to well over 100 people and are in the Maryland Judiciary Court System currently with over 40 active cases with people like me from Maryland and Virginia. They have taken 100's of people for much money by being extremely dishonest. Can they keep doing this?

I can't afford to give them my money. I'm in the process of digging for all information I can. I'm attempting to contact other victims and my lawyer knows of this companies unbelievable business practices. I'm backed into a corner and am desperate to fight out of it. I've already given them thousands and they are after me for thousands more!

My sister has built a web-site to enable anyone interested to read my statement of complaint (going to different state agencies) and other information relating to this situation. My email and phone number is on the web-site. My intention of posting this here is to allow the incredibly diverse Tidalfish family to ponder over my ordeal and offer suggestions or related information that may help.

If you have a few minutes ( statement is fairly long) please go to this sight: Walleye Pete Scammed

Thanks guys and gals,
Good luck Fish'in!!!!

No matter what happens with this case "Walleye Pete" will live!!!!!

·
Registered
855 Posts
Pete,
Man I'm sorry to hear about that. If there are that many other court cases pending, it sounds like they have obviously scammed several other people which would open the door for a class action suit against them. I'm sure there are some good attorney's out there that would take that case. As a matter of fact, the wife of one of the Deputies that works for me just retired from Peter Angelos's law office. I will certainly help you out anyway I can. PM me if you want me to help you get in touch with Angelos's office.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Pete that's a bunch of **** and your doing the right thing in persuing them. Let me know if I can be of any help.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Pete, I hate to tell you this, but you should get a lawyer to handle this. The mere fact that they didn't give you a status report within the time the contract said you could "expect" one doesn't really mean anything. And no one here can provide you with any meaningful advice without seeing the entire contract and hearing the entire story. The best thing you can do at this point is not to dig yourself a deeper hole by libeling anyone. Take it off the web and get it done right.

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
sorry pete. i would suggest calling the attorney general, and make an appointment to see him preferably or a experienced deputy. take all your docs. with you...call me if ya wanna talk.

·
Premium Member
26,177 Posts
Damn-here I thought you were living out your dream.Contracts can be a b*tch.I'm sure somewhere in the TF group is an honest lawyer (no jokes please) who might be able to help.You KNOW everyone here will do anything we can for you.All the good will and free trips,etc. you have done for everyone is not forgotten.Please keep us updated.Sounds like a real POS outfit.That's why I deal with a handshake most times.I'm sure they saw you were in need and took advantage of a trusting person.They picked on the wrong guy-the TF army is ready. Skip

·
Premium Member
26,177 Posts
Not if you want anyone to attend-this is bad.Let it be. Skip

·
Premium Member
8,174 Posts
WP:
This sucks especially since you were already stressed about whatever your situation was that required the private eye.. I guess theyre not all like Jim Rockford...

See my Bmail..

·
Registered
987 Posts
Man Pete that sucks!
I'm sure you have a good shot at winning this. Since the account was not in your name your initials on that paragragh shouldn't matter. The account holder would have to sign for the funds to be released?
Is that correct?

At least you didn't cash that check the guy from Kenya sent ya!:D:D :D

·
Registered
7,549 Posts
sounds like you already have legal counsel, which is a smart move, so just follow his/her advice. I would also be catious about posting too many details on your wbsite; the other party could use those details against you. Hopefully, you've run the website past your lawyer. The process will likely be slow, so be patient (easy for me to say, but you have no choice but to let the process work and hope that the company still has money left to pay your damages if you prevail).

·
Super Subscriber - I support TidalFish.com
1,109 Posts
Pete: The Maryland Attorney General Office is your ticket. Call them and they will help you with this. There are investigators assigned there who will be able to find more information about this deal and provide you with remedies in the criminal and civil side.

I would try this route first, since a lawyer will cost you more up front money.

The thing I would pay the most attention to is your credit report. It would be just like something these jerks would do to bash you there... there are ways to rectify this if it happens...but pay attention to it....

·
Premium Member
12,554 Posts
Pete, so sorry to hear about this, hope it all works out for you

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
wow Pete,that is just crazy I sure hope it works out for you,by the way my sister and best friend are both lawyers in Md,if I can be of any help....

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Nobody said Fisherman are smart.. But that really sucks. Pete I've been in your shoes before, and if you need some counsel, I'm sure I can point you in the right direction. My wife hires P.I.'s all the time for her job, she can reccomend a reputable company of you still need one. Best of luck and keep us informed and up to date. Hopefully, your openess to this will prevent it from happening again.

·
Registered
6,854 Posts
Investigators missing while offshore fishing

Ouch, that's bad news Pete. Unfortunately since there's already people waiting fo their money you'll likely recoup nothing unless they have a very high bond limit. Hope you told the bank to cut them off or changed accounts. How about offering them a free offshore trip, like the continental shelf:D

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Pete, that really sucks! I'm sorry to hear that you are going through this ordeal. I hope it all works out for you.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts