Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the new garage that is. I got finished playing and was taking some pictures of my drum set. I went to go back in the house when I heard a squawking overhead. I guess he wanted an encore.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I support TidalFish.com!
3,659 Posts
Hey Ricky,

Sounds like a bang up time. :D

Please tell me what kind of birdie that is.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool
6,372 Posts
Ah another musician on TF as myself. Satterly I double insulated the walls and ceiling and can play late W/O neighbors hearing much.Worth tthe effort.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Unfortunately the only place I have to play is one of my friends empty rental houses and he won't allow any changes. But one day I'll buy the perfect house with room for a small studio :rolleyes:

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Believe it's a redtail.

Yea, the neighbors around here don't seem to mind so long as you're wrapped up by about 8:30pm. Same goes for where the band practices. During the summer we'll practice for a couple hours, say like when we're just running through our set. We'll walk outside to take a break and all of the neighbors are out on their porch listening. It's cool.

Here's the kit.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks. The snare is actually a Pulse piccolo that I got for $30. It's sound is so-so. I use it as an effects snare in certain parts. I put a coated head on the bottom. It makes it have kind of a hollow sound with a little rasp from the snares.

I'm a big cymbal whore. I'm actually endorsed by Saluda cymbals, so I'm allowed to be one. :) I actually have one more that is being shipped to me right now from them. It's custom made China. Traditional design, lathed down for a high tone, vent holes for fast decay, and polished because I like 'em like that. :)

What kind of kit do you play?

·
Registered
399 Posts
I am sure there are quite a few musicians on TF. Might be interesting to get an idea of who, where, and types of music they are into. Being in Classic rock bands for half my life, I know us musicians are frequently looking for a back up drummer, etc, or even a few guys to jam with.

My name is Tom and I play keyboards (no vocals here:eek: ). I live in the Olney, MD area. I'm into Alt Rock, Indie, and Classic Rock. Currently playing in a part time band "The Knobs" (yes, named after the whiskey).

Anyone else ???

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Pat, southern Harford county, hack guitar player(Strat, Seagull), hack bass player, blues, rock, classic rock, rockabilly. Currently playing bass with 3 other over 40 delinquents, hope to be in public mid summer after we get a couple sets nailed. Would love to do some acoustic low key jams as well.
Pat in Joppa

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Nice picture Ricky. We've got a couple of red-shouldered hawks around our house up here in North East. Every morning, I put out a few raw beef cubes and they come to feed. But if they don't get there quick enough the damn Bluejays eat the meat!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts