Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I support TidalFish.com!
3,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Gang,

This is related to the other post that I put out about 'where to live in retirement', but deserving of a separate post.

I have gotten to know the western shore of the chessie pretty well, especially over the last few years.
I know of most of the marinas from deale south to the ccnpp.

If I do move from our WF home, I would consider a 'water privilege' community. One where you live a block or two off of the water, but have a community marina/beach.
I know of such places in shady side (snug harbor and cedar hurst). And I know of the flag hbr basin down by the ccnpp.

What I would like to know is what 'water privilege' communities exist between the two areas (about 25 miles of coverage).?? I don't mean north beach or ches beach where they have public beaches and marinas. I mean the individual community of homes where they own the little marina, where the neighbors keep their boats.

So, that is the question: What are the names of any communities that have privately owned marinas/beaches associated with the community?? Especially from holland pt on south to the ccnpp.

Thanks a lot. :D

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
ron, why leave shady side, your in that house at a good price. or are ya scared of the water/storms? we are just looking...north carolina, no tax on fed pensions and they probably need another guide.

did my post on allstate get ya thinking? the storms ARE getting more frequent and violent...please you guys...not interested in a big debate on global warming, etc.

how about rt.13, south you can buy cheap!

ps: stay away from gated comminities, for example, very restrictive rules, i.e., you can only have sex monday evening all lights must be out by 12 midnight, you can have 2 beers sat. between 6 and 9 pm. if you are caught in violation of covenant rules, you will get one warning letter, then all your $hit ends up on the curb.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Asbury Solomons. Real nice retirement community right on the Patuxent River. I visit alot of retirement places in the area. Brian

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I support TidalFish.com!
3,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks a lot Guys,

JD - I get bored and get myself in trouble. I'll retire and we'll see how it goes in SS. Don't like being on top of neighbors, a couple of whom are jerks, as we get older a rancher would be better on the knees, 2 nerve wrecking storms in 3 yrs. But, when I get out of bed and open the curtains, sure is great. We'll see. No hurry right now. PS - if you're like me, that 'just lookin' in nc could get you into a lot of trouble. :D
PSS - always the financial aspect also. Imagine what you could do with the $ out of your house that you would have left over from a sale/buy to nc.

Bert - I don't think we have driven down to dares' beach (we may have). But, I will now.

:D

PS - Brian. just looked at asbury. very impressive. we'll be ready for something like that in 10-20 yrs.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hay Mr. Ron it's me chad Ed Weller's son. I was just wondering if you have an account on here because he said you did and now I know. I just looked for you in the search and found this thread and the other retirement one. I just wanted to say hay. Right back if you get this, please.
sincerely,
chad (fishin magician Jr.)

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Hello Ron,
I know you were here on St. Jerome's creek two years ago for our seminar. I don't know how well you remember the area but it is really quiet here. We have two lots for sale off the water at the top of the farm by the road. They are just outside the critical area line so you don't have all the crazy regs you have right on the water. Another guy has a lot for sale right on the creek but I don't know too much about that one. We could find out though if you want. Several guys who stored boats here last year ended up buying second homes here on the creek because they loved the area so much. Christy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts