Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's time to change the impeller on my 2005 f225. I did a search on the hull truth and got a detailed " How To Do " with pictures. It dosen't look to hard, but looks are decieving. Is there any tips / tricks you guy's that have done it may offer:yes: Best place to order the parts needed?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
water pump is no problem, just have to drop the lower unit and its all right there. just make sure that the shifter pin goes back in place before you tighten all the bolts on the lower unit. i usually put 2 bolts tight on opposing sides then put the boat in and out of gear. if you have resistance while doing so then it is in right. no need to start the motor to do this.

·
Premium Member
26,229 Posts
I always put the shift lever to " forward". this helps prevent getting it back together and finding out that forward is now neutral :eek2:.

Be very careful dropping the lower unit- it is not as heavy as it is arkward.I put a piece of plywood under it so it can be lowered down easy.

If it does not drop - a gentle -VERY GENTLE - tap with a rubber mallet helps.If it still does not drop- you most likely missed a bolt.

I put a touch of anti sieve on the threads when I put it back together.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Shawn, since you found some info on THT, I HIGHLY suggest checking with Andy Munao a.k.a. SIM from Shipyward Island Marina. He has a thread there and is one of the ansolute best people to deal with.
I have changed mine a few times now, have an 02 F225. I either set mine on my tailgate or one of the Black and Decker workmates, works great and takes an hour or so.

Good luck...

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
I've changed out a number of them on different engines, all about the same. The directions on THT are real good and accurate (nice pics too).
The B&D Workmate makes it a snap, you can clamp it right side up. A second person is a Big help on re-assembly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts