Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Viewing the posts of the last week, there seems to be a bunch of us who shop (or at least price check) on ebay.

So - question is just how much of your gear is from ebay - and what would you recommend - and what would you recommend someone stay away from.

Only reason I'm a member is someone convinced me to bid on a 18' CC on ebay - sure enough I got the boat, and then had to figure out how to fish the bay. This site was the critical link to start the "catching" - and I continue to learn from you pros.

So, in addition to the boat, I also just bought a 9.9HP kicker, 4 of my trolling rods, and most of my trolling reels. Wish I had bought more rods (new Penn Mariner's for $20 two years ago), and I've been plenty satisfied with the Penn Peer 209's and Penn Senator's I"ve bought used. Got some great deals on ball bearing swivels and coastlocks as well.

Anyone else frequenting ebay?

·
Registered
10,547 Posts
Good deals on digital cameras , a few reels , I got an old Mitchell 302 in pristine condition for $12.00 . A few deep water jigs and other assorted lures .

·
Registered
358 Posts
I actually work for a company that was recently acquired by eBay (Bill Me Later), so buy buy buy!!!! :clap: On a serious note, I've been on eBay since 1997 and it really is a great place to get some good deals. I've only had 1 problem in the hundreds of transactions I've done on ebay, which actually occurred this past month with a motor that I bought that wasn't as advertised. Easily remedied though through PayPal and my credit card, although I'll still have to work out getting the guy to come get it out of my garage (it was a different year than it was advertised as). I've bought everything from from $5 items to boats on ebay. Just be sure to check people's feedback before you bid and ask your questions ahead of time.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Let see these are the big stuff
1 digital camera
4 boats
1 monitor
1 fishfinder
1 windlass
3 trolling motors
1 truck
3 cars
4 downrigger weights
can't remember everything but a bunch of misc. stuff

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Ive bought a few things, you can get pretty good deals on high end reels. 500 + dollars in the store for about 350. I bought a Stella for 350 and the thing looked brand new and was loaded with PowerPro.

·
Premium Member
8,174 Posts
First thing I ever bid on, PENN 975 (USA-built)... saved about 40.00

Pipes for my Hemi Magnum R/T (bought, not bid)..they sound BADDD (bad=Good)..

MG

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Boats,
outboard motors,
propellers,
marine parts, (good place to find NLA parts)
water heater,
boat canvas & canvas supplies,
& a bunch of other "stuff"

·
Registered
680 Posts
Edgewater 18ft CC - for sale
Kawasaki ZRX1200R
Car Parts
Cycle Parts
Cycle Gear

Looking for deals on trolling rods and reels now.

You name it ....

I buy it and sell it.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
I have been an E-Bay member for about 4yrs. now.........I just made my 1st purchase in Dec. 08........Seemed everything that I was interested in, by the time you add shipping, was as much as buying at a local store.

I did recently buy a few reels of of E-Bay though......One was from Poorfish.com and was a great product........the other reel came to me in less than ferfect shape.......it was'nt used, but maybe a blemish........I contacted the seller and gave him the chance to explain before I left feedback, he sent me a full refund and told me to keep the reel.......

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
I've bought some fishing tackle on ebay including 3 rods, 3 reels, 2 Shimano reel covers, a spool of Power Pro, a couple of books and some other items I can't think of at the moment. All new stuff though except for a Penn 113H which I'm picking up at the Post Office tomorrow. Sometimes I'm afraid I'm bidding against guys on the board here. I often don't buy if the bid goes too high. I've saved a little but not that much to be honest about it.

·
Registered
341 Posts
2 boats
15 fishing rods
17 fishing reels
dozens of lures
cell phones
cameras
clothes
helmets
and a bunch of other stuff

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
I literally "bought the kitchen sink" on eBay. $600+ retail at the big H/W stores, $125 delivered on eBay.

I buy lots and lots of stuff off eBay. Hundreds of purchases. No "bad" experiences, but a couple of disappointments, and one misleading ad that was resolved.

Lots of fishing tackle. Even bought lead sinkers on eBay. I keep the UPS guy quite busy. I haven't set foot in a mall in over 8 years. It's been even longer since I've been inside a bank.

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Gotta admit to buying a lot there too. Lots of fishing stuff. Some furniture. My wife bought a 3 month old Honda Accord from the west coast two years ago. Scared the **** outta me when we mailed the check, but it showed up as advertised with 4 extra tires & wheels and about 10 grand cheaper than any listed locally. I've also bought a few music instruments but those I went and played first. Made a trip from Tennessee to a dealer in New York once to look at a banjo, then didn't like the sound. But the guy had another one I liked better and felt sorry for me for making the trip so gave me a nice discount. It turned out to be a real beauty made by a recognized luthier back in 1890. I love that banjo. It sounds like wood smoke and sour mash, just like an instrument from the 19th century should.

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Pushing buttons better than turning Pages

---I use it to collect Seagulls , Waterfowl & Striped Bass carvings , & use it as a Search Engine for Anything I buy for a Price Comparison --Much like as a boy, Everyone in those days price compared using the Sears Catalog when using the 2 holer out back --Usta get pissed when someone would rip a page out rather than using the 3 Corn cob wipes --geo.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts