Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you are making out your Christmas cards this year make out one more. Send a card to a Recovering Soldier at:

A Recovering American Soldier
c/o Walter Reed Army Medical Center
6900 Georgia Avenue, NW
Washington, D.C. 20307-5001

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Great idea Paul. How about adding in the card............."Give me a call when you recover if you want to go rock fishing in the Chesapeake Bay"........................Mark

·
Registered
13,948 Posts
Check this one out before you send it. I got an email back saying that it would be undeliverable. Great idea though.......Gary

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Sorry to :jackthread:. But it is related and I good cause.

I was thinking about asking Brandon about making a post or possibly a sticky soliciting donations for a program that my uncle's mechanical contracting company has done the last few year that has been a great success. Last year they raised over $15,000 in donations and he personally matches every donation for a total of over $31,000. This money was used to purchase specially designed t-shirts, embroidered jackets, calling cards, and lots of food and toiletries that were in turn shipped to the 1-25 Brigade Troops Battalion "Grey Wolves" out of Fairbanks Alaska. If I think there would be support of this from the board I will go forward with this.

What do you think?

Andy

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
I posted this info back in November-but am happy to do it again!

Thank the troops program- (This works year-round, so feel free to save it in your favorites, and send some thanks throughout the year)
Message Submit Form

Feel like sending a few bucks?? You can purchase phone cards or gift cards through AAFES
https://thor.aafes.com/gcs/default.aspx

Or a card to
Holiday Mail for Heroes
PO Box 5456
Capitol Heights, MD 20791

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dang, I didn't think I had to Snopes this one! Thanks guys for following up on this.
Mark, I like the idea of the invite. I'm going to put one in my card.

·
Registered
289 Posts
If anyone wants more information on the guys at Walter Reed, bmail me. My brother is in the marines and is stationed at Walter Reed having recovered there himself. He works as a liason making sure families get what they need while visiting their wounded son/daughter. He knows every wounded marine at the facility and I am sure he could get you in contact with them. Just bmail me if you are interested and I will put you in contact with him.

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Just dropped of 163 boxes of Girl Scout Cookies from my daughter's troop to the guys overseas (Harford Co guys and fisherman)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts