Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if croaker or blues have come into the bay yet? What other fish can you catch besides stripper, croaker and blues?

·
Registered
589 Posts
blues will not be here for a while - June or so depending on the weather. Spot should show up in 2-3 weeks or so. Just in time to get eaten by the blues.

Stripers are the only game in town in the bay right now.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Mothers Day is typical target date to try bottom fishing from boat in SoMD, shore fishermen catch some a little earlier. With cold water this year, might be more like Memorial Day before bottom fishing gets productive.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Wouldn't bother trying until memorial day....Reports from the CBBT area are really slow as well...The flounder bite is about a month behind, Red and black drum are just showing in the surf around Assateague...Unless we get a prolonged warm spell soon, it's going to be another month or more before things start firing on all cylinders here...

·
Registered
631 Posts
Where would you find perch and catfish this time of the year above the bridge? How does it work fishing in rivers that are restricted due to rock laying eggs ?

·
Registered
424 Posts
Where would you find perch and catfish this time of the year above the bridge? How does it work fishing in rivers that are restricted due to rock laying eggs ?
use nightcrawlers

kind of obvious that you are not striper fishing if you are using nightcrawlers on a 2 hook bottom rig

·
Registered
314 Posts
blues will not be here for a while - June or so depending on the weather.
My neighbor tells me he was on a Charter last Friday and they snar hooked a small 8" Blue between the bridge and BP.
I find that a little unbelievable...maybe he was mistaken.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts